Chapter 24: Hero

"Nothing's happening," Joker muttered. "Why isn't anything happening?"

"Because I loosened the wiring," Robin sneered. There was a sound of someone hiting something and then silence. Everyone sat holding their breaths waiting for something to happen. Waiting for Robin to beat up Joker. 

After a minute, the PA system came back on. "Get home to your families," Robin said muttered. The system clicked off.

A sigh of relief ran throughout the tent before a cheer erupted. Tears of joy ran out of everyone's eyes. They were safe. Lindsey fell to the ground. Her knees buckled underneath her as she cried.

He did it, he saved everyone. He was coming back to Lindsey.

Lindsey looked up as arms wrapped around her, Ryeanne was cheering loudly, shaking Lindsey. Her friends were all celebrating, Blaine taking the mask off Donte, the little boy, wriggling around in her arms. Abigail was starting to breath normally again. Logan and Juliet were passionately kissing each other. 

The PA system came alive once again among their celebration, "This is the GCPD. We're going to ask that everyone stay where they are. We'll have officers escort you all back to your vehicles. Thank you for your patience."

"Lindsey, if we can't find Damian, one of us can take you home," Giovanni said, kneeling next to me.

"Thanks," Lindsey said, wiping her eyes. "But I kind of need Damian, right now."

"I can understand that you want him near, to feel safe. But he's supposed to stay where he is," Giovanni said. "He'll probably meet you at his bike. Or you could text him and let him know we're giving you a ride."

"I need to see Damian," Lindsey said. "He needs to know I'm safe."

"It's okay to text him," Ryeanne said. "That way he know you're alright until he can see you."

Lindsey nodded and went to pull her phone out of her bag. In doing so, she saw the Robin plush. She pulled it out and looked at it. All that went through her mind was she was so glad for Damian. Her hero.

After sending a quick text to Damian, everyone waited for the police to come to the tent to escort them away.

It was about an hour before an officer entered the tent. After seeing the large group of people, he called for more officers to help escort the group of nearly one hundred people back, minus the circus folk, they would be given a detail to protect them since they were staying right behind the tent.

The group began walking back, Lindsey and her friends being towards the back. Lindsey saw what the panic caused.

All around the grounds, booths were knocked over, food was all over the ground, gates were knocked over. Everything was in disarray. No one was speaking, it was dead silent. The only sound was the footsteps of groups making their way back.

"It doesn't even feel like the same place," Kelsey whispered.

"I know what you mean," Noah muttered. "Just a few hours ago we were having such a good time."

"This is the power evil people have," Ryeanne said.

"Lindsey!" Damian's voice shouted through the silence. Lindsey whirled around to the sound of her boyfriend's voice. Another police officer was escorting him and a small group of people down the pathway.

He seperated from the group and ran up to her. He picked her up by the waist, holding her tight to him. Lindsey squealed, wrapping her legs around his waist. Damian placed a kiss to her cheek.

"You did it," Lindsey whispered in his ear. "For a second I thought that you didn't. But you do it."

"I have someone to come back to," Damian whispered back.