1.

With a proud grin you place the final, now empty, cardboard box next to your apartment door. After what felt like an eternity you were finally done unpacking everything, in your new apartment, in your new city.

This is nice. Really nice.

This wasn't exactly your first time moving out to a brand new place all alone, you didn't mind it, in fact, it made for quite an exciting train of life and you had a lot of stories to tell.

This time, though, could be a little more permanent. You had started to feel a little lonely the past few years so when your older brother offered you a job at his very own bakery, you figured having your only family relative around wouldn't be a bad thing. You missed being around him too and since you shared a similar interest towards baking, it felt like the most obvious thing to do.

You were now sat in your living room, looking around your new place, content and satisfied with where you were now.
After a few minutes and a quick glance at the clock reading a little over 7pm, you decided you could use some food. You made a mental note to go grocery shopping too. Grabbing your bag and keys, locking the front door and taking all the empty cardboard boxes to take to the trash, you waited in front of the elevator.

With a faint bell-like sound, the doors opened in front of you and you stepped in, tapping on the button that read 0.
Stepping out, you opened the large glass building doors and threw away the boxes you had carried in the trash specifically made for them and walked towards your car. It was a warm october evening but the small chill against your legs reminded you that the colder days would soon come and you made a mental note to buy more fitted clothing for the cold season.

Starting your engine, you started driving around, no specific place in mind, it was a nice way to discover the new city as well so you took your time, enjoying the slight breeze from your half-opened car window and the music coming out of the speakers. After a few minutes, you went to grab some chinese takeout, brought the small bag in to your car and drove off again, taking another route this time. However when driving past a park that had plenty of cars parked, your curiosity got the best of you and you decided to park there too, a smile creeping on your lips as you noticed the scenery in front of you.

An outdoor movie theater.

'Perfect' you thought to yourself.

Turning off the engine and taking your bag of food, you took out a blanket from your trunk and sat on your car hood. You noticed the movie looked like one of the 1920's, black and white and silent. Starting eating while warming up under the blanket, you hummed in delight, 'This feels nice' you thought. Today was one of the days when being alone didn't affect you. And you wished you felt like this more often.

Soon after the movie ended, you drove back home, memorizing the path you took so you could come back to that park when you felt like it.

Slipping out of the shower, you put on some comfortable sweatpants and a shirt that was way too old to remember where you had gotten it from, still very soft nonetheless. 'Tomorrow's sunday' you remembered and as if on cue, your phone rang.

'I was starting to think you forgot about me' You said with a smile.

'Hello to you as well Luna, I'm having a nice day thank you for asking!' Your brother said sarcastically.

A small giggle escaped your lips at that.
'Sorry Thatch, I figured you were fine anyways, you're a big boy now'

'Not wrong, so how was unpacking?' Your older brother asked.

'It felt endless, but I'm done with it, I went around town to get some food and stopped by an outdoor movie theater, this city is nice' You said

'Happy to hear you're liking it! Anyways the bakery is closed tomorrow but I promised I would give you a little tour and show you some things so you won't be lost on monday. I have to run a few errands later so I'll just pick you up instead of having you drive there'

'A change of plans I see? That's fine with me, you know my address anyways, just text me when you're there' You replied

'Will do! I'd say I'll be there in the early afternoon so that leaves you plenty of time to sleep Cinderella'

'I'll just ignore your little nickname, I'll be ready don't make me wait!'

'Look who's talking now, I have to go, the house's being a little too noisy, I'll see you tomorrow! Goodnight Luna!'

'Sure thing, goodnight T!'

You plopped onto your bed, ready for tomorrow. The tiredness of the day suddenly feeling way heavier than you had remembered it. You set an alarm for the late morning just in case and drifted off to sleep. Excited to start anew.

——————————
A/N

Hello! This is my very first story that I'm publishing so I don't really know what to say.. This will be a Sabo based story with appearances from several One Piece characters.
I do not know at what pace I'll post the next parts of the story, I'll try not to take too long ☺️
I hope this first chapter was worth the read, I'm open to any criticism and/or suggestions :)

xx