The forbidden forest

(Y/N's POV)

        "Ssskkssskkk! " the dead trees hissed in the wind. I shivered as I pulled my black towards my chest hugging myself ever so tightly. The howling of the wolves could be heard, the croaking of the poisonous frogs, the rattling of the grass every now and then and the shrieking of what...why would there be shrieks in the forest??? All of a sudden, the crunching of the dead leaves could be heard, footsteps drawing closer with each crunch.  Chills were immediately sent down my spine as I stood rooted to the ground. What have I gotten myself into......

          Just a few hours ago I was normal. Well normally depressed. It's a teenage phase they say, many girls have it they say. What they failed to notice were the bruises I hid so well under my sweater. The moment I reached the doorstep, I could her the yelling, screeching, the breaking of glass. The house reeked of alcohol. It was just a normal day like any other, the same old fights.

          "Oh I want to die!" my mother exaggerated exclaiming. Does she know what it was really like? How I felt? Each day on my mind wishing it was my last on this cruel, gruelling earth. No one had known how I have felt! Not even those self proclaimed influencers claiming they knew what we were going through. Do they? Did they? How many views they got for that. How much money they got for that.

         I drew a breath in deeply as I placed one of my hand on the door handle and one in the pocket of my hoodie. I pushed open the door.

          "Ah! Look who came back! You have to be more mature! Use your common sense! " the man who I was supposed to call Dad grabbed my arm roughly and whipped my arm with his 0.5cm thick leather belt. The pain cut through me as I recoiled my hand only to be struck again. My mom crying as she dialed the police sobbing over the phone uncontrollably.

          "Please help my daughter!" I stared daggers at her, my hot tears stung my eyes. I tried to draw the tears back into my eyes but to no avail.

          As they sprung from my eyes, I exclaimed out in self-pity and anger, " I hate you! I hate you all" the marks on my arm burnt like gin. Slamming the door shut, I wept into my pillow, muffling all my screams of rage. I hated my mum for not leaving him. I hated her so much for having me. This could not go on. I was at my breaking point and I knew that.

          It was the dead middle of the night. I crammed as much food, water bottles and clothes into my backpack as I could and jumped out of my window. I smiled down at my favourite book Harry Potter, the full collection the heavy novel I stuffed it into my backpack like the rest. I grabbed my torch and placed it into my pocket. I took one glance at the run down house filled with rubbish. A smile creeped on to my face. I knew I was never going back. Wherever the road may lead, I will at all cost run from them. I wanted to go to the outskirts of the earth, to a place where no one would find me...