Chapter 1 - BAU

[ORIGINAL CHAPTER]

I went to college to become a lawyer, just like my brother and father

I went to college to become a lawyer, just like my brother and father. I finished from high school at 15, then I spent three years in college. I had always been smarter than everyone else, and people had told me that I was gifted for both my intelligence and my looks. Which frequently confused my mother, who frequently questioned me about why I had never been in a committed relationship.

But I had never met somebody with who I truly connected and fell in love. Which often made me jealous of Haley and Aaron they had met in college and fell in love and had been together ever since.

I've been a lawyer for nine years, but I don't feel fulfilled by my work, there felt as if there was something missing so I decided to quit the firm where I worked and by coincidence I was contacted by my brothers boss Erin Straus and I applied to the FBI. Since I could speak, I had been profiling people which caused the nickname Sherlock Holmes.  My profiling skills irritated everyone around me, especially my family. My brother encountered a lot of danger and dangerous people after he started working for the FBI, so he constantly told me he didn't want me to join the BAU.

So I applied behind his back speaking to Straus, my brothers boss after she headhunted me for the job and said under no circumstances would she tell my brother, which she agreed. Because I knew he would try and find a way to stop the application going through. Today is my first day I was woken up by a blaring noise in my ear so I rolled over turning off my alarm clock for a moment groaning because I was tired I hadn't had much sleep the night before due to nerves which was strange for me because I never got nervous.

I rolled over for a moment before pulling myself out of bed and heading to the bathroom before having a shower because i wanted to look my best because i knew that me working for the BAU was going to be hard enough to explain to my brother and I already knew his reaction to what was going to happen. After my shower I had a shave and brushed my teeth before heading back into my bedroom and picking out an outfit before getting dressed into my leather jacket, white T-shirt, black jeans and black trainers before walking over to my bedside table and opening the top draw grabbing my gun, holster and ID.

Before placing my gun into its holster and placing on my shoes as i headed into the living room of my rather decent apartment before i quit the law firm i was one of the highest ranking lawyers in the country I had represented some of the most richest people in the US. I grabbed my car keys from the dining table before heading out of the apartment as i took each step I began to get more nervous mainly because i knew how Aaron was going to react. When i arrived at the BAU i headed inside going through security before heading to my brothers office as i walked in i noticed a group of people look up from their desks and stare at me.

But I just brushed it off and carried on walking before knocking on the door then I heard "come in" before I opened the door "hey" Aaron said before walking over and shaking my hand "Hey Aaron" I said with a smile as he straightened his jacket before sitting back down "how can I help you? I'm waiting for a new agent joining the BAU" Aaron said as I prepared to tell him. "Yeah" I said taking a second "that's me" I said which caused a shocked and angry impression appear on his face before he stood up and closed the door.

"WHAT!" Aaron said as he started shouting at me, "you know I didn't want you to join the FBI let alone the BAU" Aaron said still shouting "after seeing your work I've wanted to join the BAU" I said feeling hurt at his anger I knew it was coming but it still hurt. "Your a successful Lawyer Jonathon the most successful in the country which would you leave the firm to work for the FBI" Aaron said turning around to not look at me. "Because i want to truly help people Aaron you the one who called me a profiler when i was a kid" i said stepping towards him "please Aaron your not just my brother but my best friend" I said standing there hoping he would turn around and look at me.

"Ok but I'll be watching you and I don't think your fit for the job I will say so" Aaron said before he began to open the door and we headed to what they call the round table. "Everyone this is Agent Johnathon Hotchner" Aaron said as we began to sit down "Hotchner?" The younger agent in the room said "yes he's my younger brother" Aaron said with his usual grumpy look across his face.

"Jace" I said reaching out my hand to him "Dr Spencer Reid" Spencer said with an uneasily look on his face. Before he shook my hand "this Emily, JJ, Derek Morgan and Penelope" Hotch said introducing me to everyone. As everyone began to shake my hand. "We haven't got time to explain the details of the case get your go bags we're leaving now" Hotch said as we all began to head out of the room i quickly grabbed my bag from under my desk before following everyone out.

When we arrived at the airstrip we headed to the plane I looked around trying to find somewhere to sit as everyone was sat down, so I sat down next to JJ and we smiled at each other as we both sat down. "Hello my family" I heard a voice come from the computer "Penelope" Hotch said in a stern voice.
End Of Chapter 1