8. If Leaving You Was Easy

As I walked through the dorm door, I finally grasped how long it had been since I last was here. I couldn't even recall if it had been two weeks or two months. All I knew was that I often had asked Gabrielle to get some of my clothes at night, since she only slept once a week. I realized how great it had been if it was I who was the one who only slept once a week. Considering how my schoolwork had been handled the last couple of months, I could certainly need the extra time. Now that I was back in the dorm, it felt like a different world to me. The time I had spent here with Gabrielle, the time with Peter. Speaking of the devil.

"Marc! I almost didn't recognize you man."

"Great to see you too."

I threw my book bag on my bed and started to inspect the room more thoroughly. I could immediately tell that Peter had have fun during my absences, decorating all the walls with Bob Marley posters.

"So what's new? How's life?"

I had no idea where to start. So much had happened in the last few months and the time in the dorm felt like a lifetime ago to say the least. I didn't want to be melodramatic but my entire world had altered since then. A thing I had thought only existed in people's imagination was now suddenly something I dealt with every day. And I was in love. In a pure and crazy way.

"Life is great!" I said with a broad smile.

"I suppose that means that you and Gabrielle are still together?"

Me and Gabrielle definitely had an unique relationship. We could never have something close to a normal day. Things were either superb or warfare. This meant that we fought, often and intense. But in our case, it was only another way to show that we loved each other. I wouldn't trade our fights for anything.

"Yes we are. It's been almost four months since we got back together."

"Four months? I'm impressed I could never stay with the same girl for that long."

I laughed and nodded. Me and Peter had been very much alike in the girl-area before I met Gabrielle. A new girl every week or else we were both bored out of our minds.

"You just haven't met the right one yet."

Peter threw a thick book in my direction, which fortunately missed me and landed on the floor.

"Can you sound more cliché?"

His words made me laugh even harder and I had to force the words out of my mouth.

"I guess not."

"At least now I don't have to see you mope around here anymore. I just don't see you anymore."

I stopped laughing and turned my head to see Peter poke around for another book in his multicolour bag.

"I know that I haven't been around much lately. It's just.."

"You have landed your dream girl and can't keep your hands off her, I get it."

I was about to protest but then I thought what's the point? He was right. All I could say in my defence was:

"I will come around more."

Peter's answer was a vague grunting noise, but I could swear that I saw a tiny smile on his lips before he buried his head in the bag.

"Actually, there's a reason that I came over. I'm afraid I freaked Gabrielle out earlier"

"What did you do?"