Chapter 4

Today is my bestfriend's birthday.
Adeya and I have been best friends since we were like 7.
She's my favorite person in the world, literally. She just understands me in a way other people can't. She's always been here for me. what I like most about her is that she speaks her mind, she's not afraid to say what she thinks and I'm exactly that way.
My friends and I are surprising her today with a birthday picnic.
I bring the birthday cake, Leila brings the drinks ( alcohol free of course cause we're all under 18) ,Habiba brings the samosas and the crepes, meanwhile Chloe brings the decorations and Jessica the plates, paper towels and utensils.

While I get ready, I can't stop thinking about last Saturday.

My bad I forgot to tell you what happened last Saturday.
So after clocked out from work, the gorgeous girl I had a crush on was sitting there waiting for me.

So I went to her, "hey, I'm the sticky note girl" I said.
"How can I forget, I just texted you" she replied with a smirk on her face, and then we both started laughing.

"What are you still doing here? The place is about to close" I asked cause she's been sitting here for like 2 hours.
"I was waiting for this beautiful girl to complete here shift" she replied, I was trying so hard not to mess it up, so I said "I presume I'm the beautiful girl, would the extra gorgeous girl like to take a walk with me?" I asked. I tried so hard to maintain my cool, but I was dying of happiness on the inside.
"You're so corny" she said, and we both laughed, " I like corny" she added and I smiled.

"So are you ever going to tell me your name sticky note girl?" She asked
"My bad, I'm Amaya, how about you?"
"Wow! What a gorgeous name. I'm Wakeema, nice to meet you" she said.
" so unique and beautiful, what does it mean?" I asked.
"My grandma told me once but I forgot, it has something to do with being creative or versatile, I don't quite remember" she replied.

As we were walking, we just kept talking and laughing.
We finally decided to go to a nearby park, which I really like, it is peaceful with a lot of greenery, beautiful bird sounds and a peaceful lake in the center.
That is my go to place for when I need to clear my head.

There's an ice cream place at the park, so we decided to get some ice cream before continuing.
"Hi, can I get one scoop of coconut and one scoop of mocha please?" I asked, speaking to the man behind the counter.
" in a cup or waffle?" he asked.
" waffle" I replied.

Wakeema ended up taking a scoop of mocha, a scoop of caramel and a scoop of frozen yoghurt in a cup.
We decided to go sit on a bench under a tree cause the sun was blazing.

We found ourselves arguing over whose music was better between Sza and Kehlani. And obviously as the kehlani die hard fan that I am, I couldn't let her win this one.
To resolve little conflict of interest, we decided to talk about Jhene Aiko, and turns out her song " speak" is both our favorite

We ended up talking for like 2 hours straight, and we didn't even notice the time pass by until I remembered I had to run some errands for my mom.

"Fuck" I exclaimed, after seeing the time on my phone.
"What's wrong?" She asked.
"I totally forgot I had to run some errands for my mom, she's going to kill me"
"Where exactly do you have to go? I can take you, my car isn't parked too far away from here"
"I have to grab some stuff at aldi, and some cleaning supplies at Müller"
"So do you want me to take you?"
" yes please. That would be really nice".

The whole ride to the supermarket was literally just us jamming on Jhene Aiko's chilombo album.
After all the groceries, she dropped me off at home.
"So, this is me" I said.
"Thanks again" I added
"You're welcome, hopefully we can do this again, not the racing from aisle to aisle" we both laughed "what I mean, is I hope we get to hang out again"
"I hope so too, I can't thank you enough for today"
"I enjoyed it so..., don't forget to text me once you get in so I know your mom didn't kill you"
"Hahaha. You got jokes. Don't worry I will. Bye"
"See you next time" she said.

Once I got in, I quickly put away the groceries and greeted ter my parents, somehow they didn't notice I was late, cause they greeted me back with big smiles on their faces.

As soon as I got to my room, I quickly texted Wakeema to let know I'm still alive

-"hey, I'm still alive"
-" good for me😉" she texted back.

____________________________
Hey guys, I know it's been long since I last updated, I'm sorry.
I had so much going on.
Please if you enjoy the story, don't forget to vote and leave a comment.
Take care of yourselves.