Chapter 2: Mystery Vamp

My nightly routine consists of lying in my useless bed, watching tv, sitting on the back deck stargazing, going to the living room to watch more tv, lying in my bed some more, watching more tv, and eventually it becomes morning. Sometimes I will take a trip out to my favorite mountain and look outer the whole city. I usually try to get dressed for the day and out of the house for my first hunt before Jared wakes up for work. Normally about 6:00 am I'm starting my first hunt of the day and this morning was no different, but this time I added an extra hunt. I had to find that creepy someone I saw last night.

I bet that's what some people think of me. Creepy. Yes, I'm just the creepy chick with permanent ice blue eyes, long, wavy brown reddish hair and no emotion that finds her joy sucking the blood out of innocent people. Yeah, I guess that could be pretty creepy to some Joe Shmo average human, but if there was someone else out there who also finds their joy sucking someone else's blood I had to find them. I took some extra time after my deer breakfast to speed run back to the mountain where I caught a glimpse of the person last night. I mean, it had to be another vampire. Who else would've been out here on a mountain that late at night? I could only hope that they were still here.

My vampire hunt came up short. There was no further evidence that whoever I saw was still hanging around in this area. I hunted for what felt like an eternity and decided to give up and speed run back home. One thing that's super fortunate for me is that I work from home selling products from a beauty company and I can make my own schedule. It's nice not having to work with a lot of people everyday because someone would more than likely end up my lunch. I sit on my desktop computer working for the next couple hours when Jared comes home. "You're back early!" I yell from my room.

"Yeah, I'm just taking half a day today. I'll probably work a longer day tomorrow, but there wasn't much happening today." I hear beer bottles rattle together as Jared opens the fridge door and he finds a seat on the couch in front of the tv. I take a break from work and join him minus the beer.

"A little day drinking, I see?"

"Well, you know, it was one of those days." He explains shortly.

"Yeah, I get it."

"You have one of those days too?"

"No," I laugh and smirk at him. "But I get it."

"So, how's your day been anyways?" He takes a swig of his Fat Tire.

Oh, my day. Tracking down a possible vampire? Yeah, that was for me to know only, for obvious reasons. "It's been good, I suppose. Nothing too crazy," I try to act normal.

"You were gone when I got up again. I'm curious, where do you go every morning?"

"Nowhere," I lie.

"Whatever, Amber. You're always going somewhere."

"Just things I gotta do, I guess," I try to brush off his questions.

"Okay, keep me in the dark," he says sarcastically.

"Since when do you have all the questions?"

"I'm just worried about you, Amber"

"Well, don't be. I'm fine."

"Sure." Jared takes his beer and his tv watching into his own room. Great, well, I seemed to have pissed him off again. I guess that's what happens when these humans have all of their emotions. Yes, my emotions are at their peak, but also the "I-don't-care-about-anything" emotion is at its peak too.

"I need bloo-," I start to myself.

"What?" Jared comes back into the kitchen. Shit. Did he hear me? He heard me.