We're Just Good Friends

Another day of training had finished for Karasuno, and Tsuki was feeling more tired than usual. Coach Ukai had put him on a more intense stamina routine, so he could build up his endurance before the next match. Yamaguchi noticed Tsukishima's heavy breathing and appeared in front of him, offering him a water bottle. Yamaguchi watched Tsuki drink before taking a sip from his own bottle, "You did super good today Tsuki! You looked super strong and durable!". Tsukishima looked at his friend gratefully, and gave a slight nod.

Hinata's voice could be heard on the other side of the court, "Why can't you be like that?", which was followed by a series of "Boke" and "We aren't dating" said in a way only Kageyama could manage. Tsuki clicked his tongue and stared at Yamaguchi, who would quickly adopt a pink shade to his cheeks whenever the team said things like that.

The pair got changed and Tsukishima turned to walk towards the gym door, "Do you want to go to the lake to eat?". Yamaguchi immediately perked up, "Okay Tsuki! I'll go grab our things from the lockers!"

It wasn't a far walk from the gym to the lake, and the cool air nipped at Tsukishima's ankles. It was difficult to find pants that fit him properly since the longer the pant legs got, the bigger the waistband would be. He was often stuck with sweatpants that were slightly too short. Yamaguchi seemed to be braver than usual today when he turned to Tsuki and asked, "Do you think it's weird that everyone keeps teasing us about dating?"

Tsukishima was caught of guard with that question. Yamaguchi was usually too embarrassed to bring up anything even remotely awkward. He didn't let his shock show, "I don't mind that you bring me things and compliment me all the time if that's what you're asking". Yamaguchi's eyes seemed to brighten for a moment, and Tsukishima felt an ache in his chest.

He turned his head to look ahead of them, "But it's their own fault if they believe you can't do that as friends". Yamaguchi stayed silent as he looked at the concrete pathway below them. Tsuki noticed the spark in his eyes were gone. He sure seemed to change moods quickly.

The pair arrived at their usual spot at the lake. They sat on the grass looking out towards the water and took out their lunches. Conversation about the things that happened at school that day and their updated training requirements passed between them. Periods of silence felt comfortable between them, and conversation flowed as easily as always.

A duck swam across the lake, and the ducklings following behind it caught Yamaguchi's attention, "Look at the baby ducks! They're so cute!". He took out his phone and walked up to the edge of the lake, ready to take a picture. Tsuki watched without a word behind him.

Yamaguchi rarely did things impulsively. If there were other people around Tsuki was certain that his friend wouldn't randomly exclaim his excitement like that. He liked when Yamaguchi could be himself, and he liked that Yamaguchi could be himself around him. He almost smiled as he watched Yamaguchi carefully sneak towards the ducks, crouching down when he got close.

QUACK! QUACK! QUACK!

*SPLASH!*

The mother duck became frightened when she noticed how close Yamaguchi was to her ducklings. Her loud outburst startled the boy and made him jump. He abruptly stood up in shock and dropped his phone on the sand. He tried to regain his footing and tripped on a twig. A small scream escaped him as he fell backwards into the lake. It was all over in a matter of moments.

Tsukishima jumped up from his spot, "TADASHI!". His panic was broken with the series of giggles that came from Yamaguchi, "I even startled the all-composed Tsuki enough for him to use my first name".

"Tsk".

Tsuki gave him a hand out of the lake, careful not to step into the water himself. Yamaguchi was soaked. He managed to keep his head out of the water, but his shirt and pants were dripping wet. Tsuki looked at the mess in front of him and rolled his eyes before unzipping his jacket, "take off your shirt". Yamaguchi felt shock pulse through him once again, his face rapidly gaining a flush of pink, "W-what?".

Tsukishima ignored his friends bashful expression, "Well you can't just walk home soaking wet, you'll catch a cold".

Ah-Achoo!

"See?"

Yamaguchi took off his shirt and zipped up Tsukishima's jacket. It fit relatively well, but the sleeves were a little too long. The sleeves and the black hood made him look emo, but since it was Tsukishima's jacket, he wasn't surprised. It was warm, and made Yamaguchi feel the need to flash Tsuki a smile as warm as his jacket. Tsuki almost smiled back from how sweet Yamaguchi looked, but he looked away before he began staring.

Tsukishima walked the soaked boy home, and Yamaguchi waved from his doorstep as he watched his blond friend turn the corner at the end of the street. He made his way to the bathroom to wash himself off from the lake water, and realised he forgot to give Tsuki back his jacket. He took it off and smelled it. It had the scent of Tsuki's cologne, mixed with a touch of dirt, probably from the lake water.

Achoo!

He probably sneezed from the strong scent. He decided he should wash the jacket before giving it back, and held it up to his face one last time before putting it in the washing machine with his other dark clothes. It would be dry by tomorrow, he would give it back at school.

A/N:
Laxus and Freed are just Walmart Tsuki and yamaguchi

This was requested by mhooperz04

Also I kept writing "Yamagucci" and i cant stop help i had to correct myself like 14 times.