Revelation

Just thought this pic was funny and wanted to share

An alarm blared in Tsukishima's room, signalling a Monday morning. He picked up his phone to check for new messages, but for once he hesitated, letting his finger hover above the message app. He locked his phone. He didn't need to check Yamaguchi's messages first thing in the morning.

But he wanted to.

He got up from his bed and walked straight to the shower, where he hoped to wash off the heat he was feeling. He went through his morning the same he did every day, and found himself at breakfast, with his phone in his hand once again. This time he clicked on the message app and read through the texts of Yamaguchi wishing him to get well soon. He failed to stifle a smile.

He finished up his breakfast and finished off getting ready for school, before walking out the door and locking it behind him. On his way to school, he saw a green haired ray of sunshine skipping his way towards him. Yamaguchi had a box in his hand, wrapped in a pink cloth. "Tsukiiiiiiiiiii. Here, have this! I'm sorry if I embarrassed you yesterday, Suga told me I could barely stand. Did i fall over? Is that why you're mad? I'm sorry Tsuki, my Mom heard I was sick and came home early last night with medicine and cookies from the city. These ones are for you"

Tsukishima took the pink box in his hand, "You didn't fall. It really wasn't anything, forget about it". Yamaguchi gave an uncertain nod in reply and the two boys walked to school together, occasionally engaging in small talk.

The rest of the day Tsukishima grew increasingly annoyed at all of Yamaguchi's gestures. He was used to the occasional favour here and there, but today was a bombardment of "Sorry Tsuki" and "I can do it for you". He felt guilty. Yamaguchi didn't really do anything wrong, Tsuki just wanted him to drop the subject, so that he could figure out how to drop this feeling.

They were sitting in their maths class when the bell for lunch rang. Their teacher ended the lesson by assigning homework for everyone, and once everyone had started making their way outside, Yamaguchi turned to Tsukishima once more, offering to do his homework for him if he already had other work. Tsukishima had had enough, and abruptly stood up without a word, leaving the classroom with the aura of a hurricane. Yamaguchi followed after him - a panicked mess, "Sorry Tsuki! I did it again! I'm sorry!"

"Stop apologising dammit!", Tsukishima's voices echoed in the now empty hallway, "You didn't do anything wrong. I'm the lame one... again. I thought I could grow up and live a normal life, with no confusion and debate. Grow up, work, get married, have kids, die. That's formula Yamaguchi, that's how it's meant to be. And now, it seems like nothing will ever be the same. Because- because I can't shake this feeling, this guilt, of wasting all my time, on keeping you as a friend."

Yamaguchi simply stared at Tsukishima, not knowing what to say. Tsuki watched as tears filled up his friend's eyes, and immediately realised what he said. Yamaguchi spoke with a broken voice, and a broken heart, "O-oh, I didn't know that was how you felt. I-I guess I can stop hanging out with you. I'm sure the texts and the gift were annoying. I knew it. I'm sorry Tsuki. I mean- Tsukishima. I'm sorry Tsukishima. I'll go."

Tsukishima was stunned. He watched as Yamaguchi looked at the ground, slowly turning around to leave forever. "Wait, Tadashi no that's not what I meant, please!" He grabbed Yamaguchi's shoulder, and spun him around, gabbing both of his hands to hold him close. "I don't want you to leave. Ever. I wasted time by having you as a friend, when I should have realised I loved you years ago. I've been so stupid and ignorant, wanting so desperately to stick to a routine. But, that's not what I want anymore. Now, I-I want you". Tsukishima averted his vision to the wall behind Yamaguchi, scared of his response.

"Kei, I-I feel the same. I don't know what to tell you, for so long I've-"

Tsukishima cut him off, "I know".

Yamaguchi studied his face, in fear he was playing a trick on him, "What do you mean you know? Was I that obvious?"

A rare smile flashed from Tsukishima's face, his confidence and wit was back, "Well Friday night you were pretty clear about how you felt, although I doubt you remember a thing."

Yamaguchi suddenly felt very warm. The feeling of Tsukishima's hands in his own faded and reemerged on his waist. Every touch felt so vivid. His face was so close now. His sudden intimacy made him feel embarrassed to look his blond friend in the eye, "W-what do you m-mean? W-what did I say?"

Tsukishima gently grabbed Yamaguchi's chin to make him look him in the eye. Yamaguchi seemed to tense at his touch, "Well, I think what you were trying to say that night, was this". Tsukishima closed the gap between them, creating a magical moment for Yamaguchi, and a new normal for himself.

A/N:
Thanks for reading! Hope everyone has been having a good day! Don't be afraid to send me a message if you want to read a certain ship or plot (from any anime). Obviously I won't do it if it's inappropriate. Even if you don't have much of an idea, you can still send a message and we can talk it through and flesh it out. Love you all!