Chapter 2

I woke up the next morning to sound of my sister bursting into my room reminding me that today was Mira's freaking Mehndi and Nikkah! (Which is when a couple is married in Islam but only the start of a chain of celebration).

"Get up already" she said as she rushed around my room looking for something.

"Jheeze Aliza" I said followed by a yawn "what you looking for any way" I said with a puzzled look on my face.

"The moisturiser you always uses, Mira wants it"she said while unpacking my suit case since I hadn't bothered to do.

"It's in my makeup bag" I sigh.

As soon as she left my room I quickly got up as soon as I saw the time it was 9 am which doesn't seem late but I promised Mira I would do her makeup. It's not that she couldn't afford a good makeup artist or something like that it was because I was the only person she trusted to do it. Of course I was honoured.

With that thought in my mind I walked to my on suit bathroom and stepped inside the shower the marble design was beautiful and of course my mother was the one who picked it out although it belonged to my father not that he cared what it looked like as long as my mother was happy. After my 15 minutes shower which was mostly spent shampooing and conditioning my medium length jet black hair (Mira has convinced me to cut it earlier this summer) I put on my silk dressing gown and slipper and walked towards Mira's room where I knew she would be getting ready.

"Hey sleeping beauty" she teased "I thought you would never wake up"

"Easy there tiger" I joked "only one of us is getting a Prince Charming today"

Mira blushed and we both started giggling simultaneously.

I looked down at her arms and her feet. Her henna stains from last night came beautiful in a warm tone brown colour that complemented her beautiful almond skin.

 Her henna stains from last night came beautiful in a warm tone brown colour that complemented her beautiful almond skin

Your henna! I screamed. "it's stained beautifully"

"I know right" she smiled "I can't believe we almost skipped it, thank god for your mum" she giggled.

I hate to admit some times but my mum is usually right.

I spent the next 2-3 hours doing Mira's makeup making sure she looked perfect!

"Albah, I love it you've done an amazing job!" She said with truth in her voice.

"Stop obsessing" she giggled

"I am not!" I said defensively, trying not to laugh. "Okay maybe I am a little but so what your freaking getting married!"

As I finished my sentence my mother walked in with the hair stylist she had booked for Mira who mother new very well and is the only person she trusted for this job. Mira was like a sister to me and a third daughter to my mum which meant she, just like me wanted today be perfect, saying that though something seemed to go wrong at every important event in my family I was half use to it I thought.

"Albah? are you even paying attention?" my said giving me THAT look.

I shook my head quickly and faced her "wha- yes of course mother I quickly smiled, just thinking about how lucky this man is to be marrying my best friend! We both giggled- we seemed to do that a lot when were together.

My mother then ushered me out the room and instructed me to get ready and look my best.I did my makeup with a stunning sun set cut crease eye shadow look ( if I say so myself) and put on some fluffy lashes which bought out my hazel eyes which I got from my father. Speaking of my father, tonight there would be almost all of his crew at the wedding. My father was one of the richest men in Islamabad and his company owned a hefty amount of businesses in Islamabad and London, apart from that I didn't no much about the company and it wasn't a topic of for discussion but in all honesty I didn't want to know. I wasn't involved in the family apart from the once in a while introduction to people, which my parents most likely wanted me to Marry but I was never interested and I was to busy with med school then any way .

I looked up at the marble clock as it chimed 5 pm. I took a deep breath."let the games begin"

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'm so exited for the real drama to start!

The next episode is going to feature new characters and delve into the dark side of the family business!!!

Get ready for a bumpy ride! X