Our room

The next day, Jenny woke up with tons of body aches and a migraine. Probably because of all the cleaning she did yesterday.

" Why are you up early ? " Her mom asked as Jenny steps into the kitchen.

It's 6 in the morning and Jenny is already prepared to go to school. She woke up at 4 in the morning and didn't feel like going back to sleep.

Finally the day has come when she'd go to school early.

" I'll eat at school mom. I'm heading out now. " She tells her as she puts on her shoes.

" You dad and I will be home late. Cook dinner for you and your brother." Her mom says before Jenny was out the front door.

Once she was out the door, she walks down the pavement of the sidewalk, heading to school.
The good thing about this town is that everything is nearby. The school is just a walking distance to her house so it's easy for her to walk everyday. For everyone too.

As she arrives to school, Edna and Jack was already at the cafeteria, at their same exact spot as yesterday.

" Wow someone's early. " Jack says as he spotted Jenny getting her breakfast.

Jenny walks to the table with a bright smile on her face and settled down next to Edna.

" Why are you early ? " She asked her.

Jenny bites into her Apple before answering her. " Just because..." She says.

Silence filled the air between them. Truthfully, another reason why Jenny couldn't sleep at all last night was because she couldn't stop thinking about that hidden basement room they found yesterday. She wanted to know who those people were in the photo.

" How are your classes ? " Jack asked them, getting rid of the silence.

" Bad of course. I haven't studied for finals. " Jenny says.

" Same here.. " Edna waves her plastic spoon in the air.

The cafeteria was quiet. There weren't any students around and it was just the three of them and the canteen ladies. Soon the cafeteria door busts open, and a girl walks inside but stops right away when she looks at them. Her eyes meets Jack's.

" Kyla..." Jack breathes out. Edna and Jenny turns to look at her who was now standing there awkwardly. Before Jack can get up from his seat, Kyla turns around and walks out the door.

Jack grunts in annoyance and smacks his head with his hand. " What is wrong with her ? " He mumbles to himself.

" You like her don't you ? " Edna smirks in amusement.

" Wow Kyla Cunner... " Jenny claps her hands, excited for him.

Jack looks away shyly, shaking his head side to side, denying their assumptions even though it's true.

" Oh don't fool us Jack. We know you do. The way just looked at her earlier. It's obvious. " Jenny says and Edna nods her head in agreement.

Jack sighs defeatedly. He knows he can't hide his feelings at all. He sucks at it. But after all... he still tries to hide it anyways.

" Hey Guys! " Bea shouts as she enters the caf with Neil again.

" Good morning! " Edna greets them.

" What happened to you ? " Neil asked as he noticed Jack's sullen face.

" Love happened. " Edna said.

" OH MY GOSH you're in love ? With who ? Lizzy ? " Neil asked excitedly. Eager to know who the lucky girl is.

" It's Kyla. " Jenny butts in.

" Ew Kyla ? Kyla Cunner ? Why her ? " Neil says.

" Honestly Neil why are you so judgmental ? " Bea smacks Neil on the back of his head.

" Ow! You-" He grunts in pain as he hits her back harder than she did.

" There's something about her that's why. " Jack says, interfering the physical fights they both were having.

" Why is she avoiding you anyways ? " Jenny asked, eager to know.

" She sees me as a friend. " Jack answers, solemnly.

" Ouch.. this is why I'm gay. " Neil says, comforting Jack by patting his shoulders, and Jack can't help but laugh.

The girls laughed too and went back to eating their breakfast. Soon the cafeteria is filled with other students, filling up all the other empty tables.

" Guys... to be honest I can't stop thinking about it. " Bea says out of nowhere.

" About what ? " Jenny asked.

" The hidden room we found.. " Bea whispers quietly, hoping no one else around can hear her but them.

" Same here... it was on my mind the whole night. " Jenny finally says. She was glad that she wasn't the only one that was thrilled by it.

" You guys too ? Even me. " Edna says.

" Me too." The two boys followed along to the topic.

Bea reaches to her bag and grabs something out. She sets it on the table and they all looked at her, surprised.

" Are you kidding me ? You took it with you ? " Jenny whispered loudly, shocked by the fact that Bea took the photo with her without anyone noticing.

" I don't know. I just- I'm thrilled that it's from 1973." Bea says. " Also..." she reaches for the photo again. " there's something else too. "

They all came closer, looking at what Bea was trying to show them.

" I noticed that plastic is covering the photo. I took it out and - " She separates the photo from a paper, which was the one that had the writing. Another piece of paper fell, and it said...

To the next generations, this room is yours.

" Wow... so we can have the room ? " Jenny gasped.

" I think so.. " Bea says, gathering the paper and the photo again. The photo is now thinner than it was, making it easier for it to rip.

" Wish we can go back... we locked it up right ?" Jenny says as she looks down sadly. A part of her wanted to go back and check it out more but what else can they do ? They'll get in trouble if they break in.

" We're breaking in.. " Jack says as he reaches into his pocket and pulls out a key. " I stayed behind yesterday for this. It's the key to the trap door. "

They all gasped. " You did not!" Edna's mouth were wide open.

" And... I left the window at the art room open.We can break in quietly. " Jack whispers.

" Wow stop there... we are not breaking in. " Bea says, stopping everyone's excitement. " No matter how much I want to go back.. no. "

" Relax... no one will find out. " Jenny assures her, a bit.

" We broke out once.. we are not breaking in." Bea says one last time.

Jenny sighs intensely, annoyed by the fact that Bea cancels herself out all the time. But she can't do anything about it. She won't force her to do something she won't do. " Okay fine Bea's out..that makes the 4 of us then.. "