New beginning

Edna wasn't sure why the library was occupied by little students. During study halls, the library would be full, leaving no vacant seats anywhere. But today was Edna's lucky day.

She settles down at her favorite seat, nearby the glass wall window and isolated from everyone else. Not many students were around her area, so it was comfortable enough for Edna to do her missing works. After skipping school to go on the road trip last Friday , she actually did missed a lot, and now all her works are piled up on her plate.

" Let's get started..." Edna clasped her hands together. She takes her textbooks and folders out from her bag, and puts them on the table. She contemplates for a while, giving a long thought on which subject she should start on. But before opening the first few pages of her math textbook, a girl approaches her.

" Edna right ? " The girl asked, making sure it was the right person she's looking for.

" Uh yes it is. Is there anything you need ? " Edna felt awkward and surprised. No one has ever approached her like this, so it was something she's not used to. Also, she knows the girl, she goes by the name of Rayna. A fellow senior and an old time classmate during her freshman year, but it's been a while since she'd last seen her around campus.

" Well you know... we have this club. It's a dance club, and I was wondering if you want to join us. Will you ? After seeing you dance at Lizzy's party... it'd be nice if we have you in. " Rayna seems nervous. Her hands were fidgeting while she spoke. 

It took Edna a minute to register what Rayna said. She thought about it thoroughly before she could answer her. Dance club ? Dance ?
Edna was very fond of art and music before, but after her mom scratched that out from her life, she couldn't find herself enjoying other things. But.. after all, it was her own life and her own decisions. If she has the chance the rebuild herself again, she'll take it even if it bothers her mom.

" If you need more time to think about it then that's okay. " She tells Edna.

" Oh no... no no. I was just surprised. Isn't there a tryout for getting in ? " Edna asked.

" Not for you. We just decided to recruit you a-sap. " Rayna chuckles.

" Then sure! I'll join.. "

By Edna's answer, Rayna jumps excitedly and gives her a form. " Make sure you read and sign this. You can turn it in on our next meeting which is this Thursday. " She says. Edna accepts the paper from her and read half of the policies.

" Okay I'll see you around ? "

" Yeah... thank you. " Edna watched as she leaves the library.

More and more students were coming in and filling up the empty seats nearby her table. Now it isn't peaceful enough for her to do her work. Some students were playing cards, some were gossiping, and some were even arguing with one another. Edna looks around for the librarian to complain but she wasn't anywhere.

After a few more tries in doing her work, it was impossible for her to focus by all the noise that reverberated around the place. So she gathered her stuffs and exited the library. She still has more time left before lunch and study hall ends but instead of going back into the library, she heads her way to the "club room." The place where she can actually feel at ease.. if Neil isn't there though.

-

" Are you coming Jack ? " One of his teammates shouted across the gym.

" No I'll stay. Just get me some fruits if they have. " Jack dribbles his ball and takes a shot.

Once his teammates left and he was all alone in the gym, he slowly makes his way to the bleachers to drink from his water bottle.

" Hey there big boy..."

Jack was startled and nearly choked on the water he was gulping down. He turns around to see who it was and Lizzy stands there, feeling guilty for surprising him like that. " Lizzy..." Jack says under his breath. He takes his towel and wipes all his sweat away from his face and neck before saying anything further.

" I'm sorry if I scared you... " Lizzy says apologetically and she looks away immediately once Jack takes off his shirt.

" Oh relax Liz. I know you've seen better ones. " He says jokingly after putting on a fresh one.

Lizzy clears her throat before averting her attention back to him. " I was just wondering if Bea's alright. Is she ? " She asked worriedly.

" Not exactly. She's locked up in her bedroom because she's still traumatize. " Jack sighs, remembering how horrible it must be for his best friend. He promised himself to stop by at her house every after school to see if she's alright but basketball practice has been filling up his time. " But I know she's handling it well. Bea's a strong girl. " He says.

" Okay I'm just making sure... " Lizzy tells him.
There was a bit of a silence that surrounded the air between them and neither said anything to break it.

The gym door busted open and some of Jack's teammates came rushing in, shouting at the top of their lungs with food on their hands. Lizzy takes it as a signal for her to escape from the awkwardness but the group of boys spotted her before she could even walk away.

" I uh- I should go. See you around. " Lizzy turns around to exit the other way but was stopped when Jack says something unimaginable.

" Wait Liz... " Jack says. She turns around again to face him. " Thank you for telling me that night. You saved her you know that right ?" He tells her. Jack doesn't know the true reason as to why she did help. A part of him believes what Neil said but the other part knew that Lizzy would still help even if she wasn't jealous of Carl. There are so many things he still doesn't know about her, so the best thing he could do right now is to be thankful. Since Bea is his best friend, it pains him to know that Carl was capable of raping her if they weren't on time.

Instead of responding, Lizzy just gave him a slight smile and walked away.

Once she was out the gym door, Jack's team mates started to crowd around him, asking the same questions they'd always ask whenever they see him with Lizzy.

" Are you two dating now ? "

" What happened to Kyla ? "

" Have you slept with Lizzy ? "

Jack ignores them as he finishes the remaining water from his bottle.

" Don't tell me you like Lizzy... " One of his closest teammates whispers on Jack's ear. This caught him off guard and for the first time, his heart skipped a beat.

What is this feeling ? Why am I feeling this way ? I was even nice to her a while ago. Jack says to himself on his mind.

" I'm scared bro... " Jack says and he takes a deep breath in before continuing. " I think I do."

-
-
-

•••

AN: Wow Jack.. who will it be ? Kyla or Lizzy ?

Im excited for Edna and her new journey. The Edna I fail to portray in this story is someone who is lost in what she wants to do for herself. Her mother takes control of her decisions and life. So let's see what type of person Edna chooses to be hehe <3

Also I low-key ship Jazzy instead of Jyla lol. Team Jazzy for the win!!