Where is he ?

The next day, Neil decided to go back, walking down the eerie alleyway to where the gang's hideout is located.

" This is a bad idea. This is a bad idea. " He says to himself in every step that he takes on the pathway.

By the time he reaches the eerie garage. It was empty. There was no sign of any gang members or hobos around, and Neil felt off about this. Since this is where they usually hang out everyday, it was unusual to see the place deserted.

For the past couple of days, Neil thought about stopping by. Not that he's planning on joining the gang again, but because he wanted to see Rj. It took him a whole lot of courage to come here but now that he isn't around, he was disappointed for thinking that he'd see him again.

" Maybe next time... " He tells himself.

*Ring ring* His phone started to go off. He quickly grabs his phone from his right pocket and sees Jenny's phone number displayed on the screen. He answers immediately, making sure it isn't the same type of phone call he last received when Edna went madcap.

" Hello ? Jen ? What's up ? " He says through the phone.

" Can you come over to Edna's ? " She asked, her voice sounding weary.

" Sure.. Did something happened again ? "

" Her dad is guilty for felony theft and Edna's not having it. I'm here with her right now but it's best if you'd come since Bea and Jack are unavailable." Jenny says. Neil could here the distinct cry of Edna's on the background, and it broke his heart to hear her like that.

" Ok I'll be there in a few minutes. " He says and ends the call.

Neil looks around one more time to see any sign of any human being, but still, there was no one. He turns around and exited the alleyway in dismay. The fact that he risked his life to come here to see Rj was disappointing because Neil would never do that for a guy he doesn't fully know. But here he was.

Instead of roaming around town looking for him, he went straight to Edna's house as soon as he left the alleyway.

-
-
-

Meanwhile, at Bea's house....

" I'm sorry if I haven't been hanging out with you lately. " She says truthfully as Jody enters the doorway.

She makes her way to the living room and slumps herself onto the couch before answering Bea's honest words.

" It's fine. I just can't believe you made other friends easily. That's unusual of you. " Jody smirks.

She knows that Bea isn't sociable. Jody can socialize with anybody in school so easily but Bea is the complete opposite from that. They are far different from each other, so it's bizarre that they were able to stick as best friends.

" I know... I met them through detention that's why. " Bea says.

" I see... "

There was a long awkward pause, and neither of them said anything for a whole straight minute. Jody looks around the room, fully aware that no one else is with them.
" Where's your family ? " she asked.

" Dad's at work and my mom took my siblings out for a doctor's appointment. They'll be home pretty soon. " Bea answers and she heads to the kitchen. She opens the refrigerator, taking out two cans of Pepsi. She walks back to the living room and hands Jody a can.

" Then I better leave before your mom comes. You know she hates me. " Jody chuckles and opens her drink.

" Yeah she does..." Bea laughs along and chugs the Pepsi down her throat.

There was another silence but it wasn't as awkward as the first one.

" Lizzy is throwing tomorrow night. Are you going ? " Jody asked, breaking the silence again.

Bea couldn't find the right words to tell her.
"Oh yeah I am. I'll be going with Neil and the others." Or lie and say... "Oh no. I'm not going."  Either way, if she were to lie right now and end up being seen at the party, it will only stir up drama.

Bea takes another sip of her drink before answering. " Yeah, for the first time. " She tells her.

" Oh great! I'll see you there then. " Jody says excitedly. Bea felt a sense of relief, knowing that she isn't asking who she'll be going with to the party.

Jody clears her throat after gulping her remaining Pepsi down her throat. She quickly turns her whole body to face Bea and clasped her hands together. " You know Carl right ? " She asked.

Bea looked at her, cluelessly. Even though Norton High is occupied with little students, Bea only knows half of them. Of course, her antisocial self is not used to making friends.

" Carl ? You don't know Carl ? The hot senior dude that joins mostly all the sports team in school. I think he's friends with Jack. " Jody says.

" yeah ? What about him ? " Bea asked, still clueless on what Jody is trying to point out.

" He wants to meet you, and since you're going to the party... you should get along with him. " She gives her a wink.

" me ?  Get along with a hot guy ? Jody you are crazy. " Bea chuckles and finishes her drink in one big gulp.

" I'm serious Bea. He wants to talk to you. I think it's about time you start dating someone." Jody points out. But Bea was taken aback by what she said.

Before Bea could say anything, Jody gets up from the coach and heads towards the front door. " Well I'll head out now since your mom is probably on the way. " She says, throwing her empty Pepsi can into the trashcan. " and I'll tell Carl that you're going to the party."

" But Jody I- " before she could finish her sentence, Jody was out the door already.

A part of her is now hesitant. She was unsure whether to go to the party or stay home. But she promised Neil that she'd go, and of course she not the type to break promises.

So instead, she'll try her best to avoid Jody or that Carl dude. She must.

-
-
-

•••

AN: Sorry I'm switching the characters.

Ava Allan will be Jody Palms