Epilogue

An eighteen year old Thomas walked into his father's office. One look at him and his father's old valet ushered him inside without a preamble. He knew that his mother would be there as well and this would make it even more harder.

He had made up his mind though. He had to know the truth.

They had told him the stories and always tried to paint him in a positive light, but he still remembered. The stench of alcohol as the man accosted him and slurred in ears.

Thomas had been so terrified, but even more terrified of the facial expression he had seen in his mother's eyes. He had to know. He had to see it for himselfd and understand what this man had done to cause such a look to appear in his mother's eyes.

And so, he went on with his plan and laid out his proposition. He could only hope that this did not offend his true father. The man that had raised him with love when the one that sired him had not cared even one bit.

"I... I just want to walk the steps that mom took. No offence dad. I just want to understand. To understand everything that she had to suffer through in order to have me. Until, then I am not sure that I will be ready to meet him. "

"Thomas..." Malisha's heart went out to her little boy. Not so little anymore, but he would always remain as her baby boy in her heart.

"So for this mission you want to go and study in Ueteribus?" the Phaedra asked him and he nodded his head in agreement. "It won't be easy," his father told him before pausing for a moment as he pretended to take the time to seriously think about it.

"Duke!" his wife nudged him and he cracked a smile at his son.

"Well... We actually thought you would come up with something like that."

At that, Thomas looked surprised.

"How, how did you..." Duke held up a hand to silence him.

"We agree but under one condition."

"Really?" The younger man brightened up.

"You are to take your sister with you. You know that her season will soon be here and as such, we can't release her to the world the way that she is. I am afraid, she is too spoilt. "

Really? Thomas almost rolled his eyes at his father.

"What am I supposed to do with her? I can barely contain her myself. " he violently protested.

"That is why your auntie and uncle are coming with you. They are incredible spies and Auntie Mishpa is probably the only one she will listen to. " his mother told him and he nodded his head in understanding.

"Emmeret can begin to do recon for you. Who knows, Rabecca may be of assistance to you as well. " his father added and Thomas lifted up a questioning eyebrow at him.

"Crayon city. That will be your first destination. It is home to one of the more elite schools and at that, it is where one of the heirs of the Maracheli industries is attending a private school."

"You want her to... "

"Why not?"

"But she is twelve!" Thomas spluttered.

"She's also well trained in martial arts, acrobatics, fencing to name a few... " his mother added and Thomas groaned back in response.

"I don't believe you two. You are enjoying this!" he suddenly accused.

"I admit that I am excited for her to join a real school. Apart from tha,t I have no idea what you are talking about." his mother grinned and Thomas groaned out again.

"Fine! But don't blame me if she goes out there and blows our cover. That little thing is too obnoxious for her own good. Even I was not that badly spoilt by you two."

"Okay, now that we are in agreement let's go ahead and break the news to your sister." The Domina stood up and began to walk towards the door. "I will leave you two to hash out the other details."

Her husband nodded and she walked out smiling already imagining the little Regina's delighted expression. She then thought back to Thomas. She had expected that this would happen sooner or later, but to think that he would approach this from the angle of wanting to understand her? She only hoped that it would not cause him too much grieve and as a result, he ends up resenting him.

That was not all that he was up-to. She also knew that within her heart. He wanted to approach him secretly at first, without leting him know of his true identity. Malisha knew that with his level of intelligence, Thomas probably remembered their previous encounter and in doing it this way, he would know if the man that was his biological father had truly changed or not with the passage of time.

She and his father could not be there for him in the way that she would have wanted to. He would not agree to her babying him either way and to ensure that he had a strong support system to back him up all the way till the end, what better tactic to use than to send his own beloved sister to watch over his back?

She was spoilt yes in the eyes of many people, but both she and her father knew what exactly the girl was hiding behind that seemingly arrogant expression. She was more soft hearted than she cared to let on and this was her own way of protecting herself in a world where her destiny had already been laid out before her. She would protect those she cared about though and as such, in time, she was going to be the best Domina Veterum had ever seen yet.