ch. i

"you've got a pocketful of reasons why you're here tonight. so baby, tonight just be the death of me."

(y/n)'s pov

after being thrown out onto the streets by my roommates and ex-boyfriend (who all had been living together due to us all sharing the same job and being a large friend group) and getting fired from my job, i had to manage to get back on my feet.

i used to operate the nightshift with my friends jeremy fitzgerald, fritz smith, vincent williams, scott cawthon, and my current ex-boyfriend mike schmidt at freddy fazbear's pizzeria. but after i got fired for "tampering with the animatronics," or as i like to state bluntly, "punching the shit out of a robot duck and ultimately injuring the fuck out of my knuckles," i had gotten into an argument with dear 'ol mike, which eventually led to everyone siding with him and tossing me back outside like waste.

but after residing with my sister and consuming 8 tubs of ben & jerry's ice cream while watching romantic comedies to cry out my angst bullshit, i was ready to head back out into the world.

luckily, i was able to find a job at a parallel location to freddy fazbear's known as fazbear's frights. apparently unlike the pizzeria i used to work at, fazbear's frights has only one central attraction, and is aimed towards more mature audiences. i presume this is more of an improvement, considering that the place might smell less like child piss and greasy pizza. i had already obtained my uniform the other day when i drove to the site to apply for the job. surprisingly, they didn't ask any questions at all. i was hired right on the spot, which either means this is a really shitty job, or that i am the first to apply.

i pulled my (h/l) (h/c) hair into a ponytail and looked at myself in the mirror. of course i could look better, but i guess i look pretty good considering i has been fired, broken up with, and kicked out the shared apartment only two weeks ago.

my sister was downstairs sleeping on the couch while the movie she was watching still played at a tranquil volume. i rushed down the stairs and grabbed my car keys and other essentials.

the car ride was mostly spent by playing a "fuck all men" playlist i found on spotify, since i have been listening to a lot of that recently. i went a bit over the speed limit, but no cop pulled me over. fazbear's frights actually wasn't too far from freddy fazbear's pizzeria. in fact, i had actually passed it on the ride to my new job.

to my awe, mike and vincent were outside smoking together outside as i drove by.
some suppressed resentment took over for a few minutes because i honked my car and stuck my middle finger out the window. "suck my dick!" i shouted at them as i rolled down my window and zoomed by them. the look on mike's face wasn't too satisfactory, but it was a look of surprise and a bit of hostility. well fuck him. he's just a slab of shit who never surely was there for me.

if anything, that had certainly made me feel a bit better.

i pulled into the parking lot of fazbear's frights and whirled my car keys around my finger as i whistled to myself. some teens and adults were leaving, especially a lovely intriguing trio of intoxicated girls. i unlocked the door and had eventually entered the office, which had been shown to me on my tour of the area by my boss. my boss, larry, was much cooler than byron. unlike byron, larry didn't comment on my ass and blow his awful cigar fumes in my face. i had also gotten in trouble for smacking byron after his minor statement, but that's not vital right now.