ch. iv

"give me envy, give me malice, give me your attention!"

i took springtrap to a breakfast diner, and he was pretty nervous.
"what if i get recognized?" he asked.
"springy, you're no celebrity. you won't get recognized." i laughed as we pulled into the driveway. we sat down and looked at the menu.
"i literally haven't eaten food in such a long time." springtrap laughed. what does he mean by long time? and why does he keep using that term?

"a long time?" i laughed awkwardly. "since when did you have access to food? you're a robot."

"well what do you think happened to those nightguards, (y/n)?" springtrap smirked as he lowered his voice and put the menu beside his face to prevent anyone else from heading.
i could literally feel my face become panicked.
"you fucking did what?" i whisper-shouted.
he ate people? should i even be this close to him?

"i'm kidding." he rolled his eyes and laughed at me. "did you really believe that?"
"uh yeah, you better be kidding," i laughed nervously and exhaled sharply.

the waitress came over to us and took our orders. she was maybe 5'4 or 5'5, and had short brown hair. she looked really familiar.
she took our orders, but the way she looked and talked to springtrap didn't sit right with me.

as she walked away, i turned back to springtrap. "did she seem off to you?" i ask him. "what do you mean?" he asked, a hint of sarcasm and awareness in his voice.
"she was obviously hitting on you." i said in an obvious tone.
as he laughed, the waitress came back with our food and a napkin with a phone number on it.
she gave us our food and drinks, but instead of going to help the other customers, she said something that made me want to throw hands.

"y'know, you're just the way i like my coffee," she paused, pulling some 'hot girl charm' bullshit as she brushed a strand of hair behind her ear, looked springtrap up and down, and smiled. "hot, tall, and strong."
springtrap bit his lip, holding back a smile. i think he knew i was about to smack a bitch today.
"so i like you a latte. mocha it a date?" she asked. "excuse me," i started, catching the attention of the girl, who i realized is mike's girlfriend, doll. "but don't you have your own boyfriend to hit on? or are you just not relationship material?"
she looked me up and down and scoffed in the form of laughter. "have you looked in the mirror lately honey? because my cat's asshole has a better face than you."
this bitch is about to catch these hands.
"says the broke bitch who got her face fixed for sucking an rich old man's dick." i know a ton of shit about mike's girlfriend. vincent spilled ALL of the tea since we recently got on better terms. when tf is springtrap gonna join the argument?

i guess that somehow pissed her off, because she her hand started flying towards me. growing up in a household where i would be dodging ass-whoopings everyday made me more aware, because i caught her hand on instinct and twisted it in the other direction. "let me go! what the hell?" doll yelled out as the customers started watching. i let her arm go but i shoved her away. "fuck off," i said as i flipped her off, slammed my money on the table and walked outside, springtrap following me.

but i guess doll wasn't done yet, so she followed me outside. "who the fuck do you think you are?" she yelled as she shoved me back. "get the hell away from me!" i shouted as i punched her face as hard as i could.
"my nose!" she began yelling. "you fucking broke my nose!"

"run!" i screamed to springtrap as we ran into my car and sped away. once we were in the highway, i turned to him. "what the hell man?" i shouted, pulling into a chick-fil-a parking lot.
"what?" he shrugged.
"you were gonna let that bitch try to beat my ass?" i yelled, looking him up and down and exhaled before looking out the window to see if the cops were after me. they weren't yet.
"well she didn't, so why are you mad?"
i swear if i don't get arrested for beating up doll, i'm gonna get arrested for strangling springtrap.

"i did so much for you these last few days, and you didn't even stand up for me. i mean i didn't even need you to step in, but it would have been more respectful than you doing fucking nothing. i snuck you out, brought you to my home, let you do things you probably have never done before, and then you watch in pleasure as my ex-boyfriend's girlfriend tries to slap me. that pisses me off so much."
i waited for an answer, but i didn't get one.

"i'm gonna drop you back off at fazbear's frights for now." i muttered as i pulled out of the driveway and drove towards the horror attraction. i pulled into the parking lot and we both walked outside in silence. i walked with him inside the attraction, but then began walking towards the exit once he shapeshifter back into his robotic form. we exchanged no words.

i entered my car and just sat there for a moment. i wanted to break shit, but there's no need for that. what springtrap didn't do at the restaurant reminded me of mike, and that's probably what pissed me off the most. because in my relationship with mike, i provided him with so much only to be let down when he wouldn't defend me.
and the part that made me the most mad was that he genuinely enjoyed it. i saw inside his eyes that springtrap was amused by that. of course he wasn't gonna do anything. he was too entertained by his internalized misogyny to realize that i actually started to like him.

as i began driving home, i went deeper into thought. i know it isn't a real crush or anything, but i started enjoying his presence. he made me feel happier, and in the past few weeks i've only felt awful. of course i shouldn't be relying on other people for my own self worth, but i fought another girl for him. doll was already in the wrong for being unfaithful, but i only actually confronted her because i was jealous.

as i pulled into my sister's driveway, i knew i needed to start looking for apartments to move into. i felt bad anyway for taking up space in my sister's house. i parked the car and entered the house. i greeted my sister and walked to my room to look for apartments. i eventually found a cozy one in an apartment complex, so i rented it online. it didn't matter if it wasn't all that i expect it to be, because in a few months i'll be able to find a better apartment.

i had packed up all my stuff and walked downstairs to tell my sister.

"hey carrie!" i called out to her as i caught her attention. carrie had long blonde hair and pretty blue eyes. she had a granola aesthetic, and was genuinely a really sweet and fun person. we both contrasted pretty well, but we were a good duo.

"yeah?" she asked.
"i found a small apartment so i'm gonna go stay there for awhile until i can find a house to buy." i said.
"oh alright. don't forget to come visit me though! if you need help moving things let me know." she smiled as she went back to watching her tv.
i left and began driving towards the apartment. i think i'll call in sick for my shift tonight. i didn't want to see springtrap anyway. the way he acted shows that he actually didn't care about me and used me to sneak him out.

maybe i would invite vincent over later. i don't know yet though.