ch. iii

"i've never been so surreptitious so of course you'll be distracted when i'm spiking the punch."

i watched on the cameras as springtrap jumpscared so many unknowing people. some were funnier than others, such as this one lady who pissed herself when springtrap sprung himself at her. but eventually that became boring, and i went back to animal crossing. i had just bought the froggy chair when my phone had gotten a message from a saved number that i thought i had deleted.

vincent: what's the deal with mike?

did he really expect me to answer him? and i'm not surprised that mike decided to run his fucking mouth to vincent and everyone else.

(y/n): do you really think i wanna talk 2 u rn? also, tell mike 2 stfu

vincent: there's no need to get defensive abt it. mike just told us that you have a new bf

(y/n): he's not my bf. he's one of my friends. plus i'm busy and i gtg back to work.

vincent: try not to get fired lmao

(y/n): i won't, grapeshit

vincent: ngl you type just like mike.

(y/n): fuck no.
(y/n): i gtg now
(y/n): bye bye

vincent: aw ily bby ttyl😘

i turned off my phone and lightly slammed it back on my desk. i wasn't actually mad at vincent or anything. but i also never really trusted him. and it wasn't because he wronged me. vincent was just very shady all the time, and i'm not actually sure that he is who said says he is.
i once over heard vincent getting a phone call, and someone had called him mike. so either vincent has a very odd nickname, or he is pretending to be someone else.

i checked my phone again, this time to see the time. it was 11:52, and most people were leaving. i had checked the cameras, and found springtrap on cam 11. he was staring into the camera, waving at me through it. to be honest, i wondered why he hadn't killed me on sight. i did some research on Fazbear Entertainment, and apparently i was the 7th nightguard to work here. a gossip website claimed that the workers had been reported missing after working their shifts, but F.E. had been using a cover up to hide the situation.

i also had experience from working at the pizzeria with mike and the gang, so i know for a fact that these shitty animatronics wanna kill my ass. but something was different about springtrap. he's obviously an animatronic, but he acts more humane than the others.
but if he can shape shift, can bonnie, freddy, chica, and foxy do it too?

i was too busy being stuck in my own thoughts and fishing in animal crossing to realize that my shift had started. the green fluorescent lights were hurting my eyes, and i really just wanted to go home right about now. i waited for springtrap to come to the office, but he was taking too long. i started to get a bit suspicious. i rolled my chair over to where the office's door should've been and stuck my body halfway out of it, peering down the hallway.
"springtrap? get your robot ass over here." i called out, listening to my echo. "springy?" i tried again, expecting a response. a few seconds passed and i realized he wasn't coming. so i rolled back into the office and began checking the cameras. i found him in a room with the foxy head on the wall, talking to himself.
"the fuck is he doing?" i whispered to myself. i clicked on the audio button and began playing the audio in the room to signify i was there.
his head perked up at the sound of children laughing as he began walking towards the office. i put the tablet down and rolled the chair back a bit.

"i was wondering when you were gonna come back." i said to his as i began spinning around in the chair. "ha," he rolled his eyes, returning to his human form. "anyway, i thought of an idea to get to know each other better." i responded, standing up and walking over to the tall boy.
"what are we? second graders?" springtrap mocked jokingly as he walked over and sat in my chair. "you didn't even go to second grade, bunny bitch. how would you know?" i laughed. "ha, yeah," springtrap responded, but there was some sort of emotion behind his eyes. i wanted to ask about it, but i held my tongue.

"so are we gonna play my game or what?" i asked, placing my hands on my hips. "fine, what's your game?" he asked in a sarcastic tone as he smirked at me. "it's like truth or dare but you gotta answer a question. but if you don't want to answer it, you have to complete a dare." i explained as i sat on the desk and crossed my legs.
"alright, i'll go first." springtrap said as he rolled the chair closer to me. "why are you so aggressive?" he laughed as he looked me up and down. "ha ha, very funny," i scoffed as i rolled my eyes. "i guess it's just my personality or some shit like that. i just kinda became rude in high school since i got bullied in middle school, and i suppose it just stuck."

"oh, that's rough." springtrap answered.
"alright, it's my turn. how old are you?" i asked.
i guess that had caught him off guard, because he looked a bit panicked. "uhm, i guess i don't really know." he chuckled.
"what is that supposed to mean?" i asked, raising an eyebrow.
"i don't know," he shrugged. "it's my turn. why did you want to work here?"

"well i got fired from my last job at freddy fazbear's pizzeria, and then my roommates threw me out. we all worked the night shift at the pizzeria, and i got fired for tampering with the animatronics. i got into an argument with my boss, and eventually he dragged my boyfriend into it, who also works there. my boyfriend was defending me up until our boss threatened to fire him too. then he shut up and let our boss disrespect me and threaten to take me to court although it was his stupid ass robot who tried to kill me. on the car ride back to the shared apartment, i got into an argument with my boyfriend, and everyone began to side with him over me. they told me i could stay the rest of the night, but i needed to leave in the morning. but i said 'fuck that' and packed all my shit and stayed with my sister until i found a job here." i answered.

"oh," springtrap said, trying to show his sympathy, but not very well. "well now at least you don't have to deal with them anymore."

"yeah, all my roommates were boys too, so most of them tried to fuck me at least once." i scoffed. "anyway, why did you not kill me when i first started the job? i know you killed the other night guards, so why did you not try to kill me?"

springtrap paused, his mouth agape. he was switching his eye contact between me and the floor. "i, well—" he paused again, trying to find the words. "i don't know, i guess i just knew you probably could be useful." he laughed, meeting my gaze again. "i don't think anyone will be doing any dares tonight," i chuckled.
springtrap agreed.

"how do you feel about me giving you a nickname?" springtrap smiled. "depends. what's the nickname?" i asked, blushing a bit. i never really was given nicknames, except for "angry slut" or "bipolar bitch".
"how about i call you finch?" springtrap asked, a smile on his face.
"like the bird? why?" i asked.
"because you're like a little bird and you never shut up," he teased as i jokingly punched his shoulder.
"well i probably should give you another nickname besides bunny bitch, since that'll get repetitive quickly. i'll just call you springy."

"why springy? that sounds stupid."
"fuck off goldilocks. i'm trying to be nice to you and you're just making it hard." i blushed, embarrassed.
"well i guess it is pretty cute." he giggled.

we didn't say anything for a few moments, until— squeak.

"hey! don't touch that!" springy yelled defensively as he held his hands over his nose. "i—it's adorable!" i said between my fit of laughter. at this point i was rolling on the floor as an embarrassed and angry springtrap still sat in the chair, looking at me with a pissed expression. in our moment of silence, i had booped his nose to see if it would squeak like freddy fazbear's does, and it made an adorable squeak.

"screw off (y/n)!" he shouted, but i was still about to piss myself. the 6 AM alarm went off, signaling the end of my shift. my laughter faded away, leaving me with cramping sides.
"so am i gonna take you with me again?" i asked springtrap. "yeah, but tomorrow you'll have to leave me here since i have maintenance scheduled.

we both left the office and entered my car. "so do you want me to take you to a restaurant or something?" i asked him as i put on my seat belt.

"are you sure about that? i haven't actually been to a restaurant since—" he caught himself about to say something else, and corrected himself to "since that time they took me to freddy fazbears pizzeria."

"you'll be fine," i said, ignoring springy's error. "let's go."