DAY 6: UNREQUITED LOVE

AN: My original idea was Star Tear Disease AU or Hanahaki AU but I didn't want to do it so thank you for GalacticNonsense for inspiring me a little!

Struggled a bit with it, and I thought I wouldn't even reach 1k words like I normally do, but it ended up exceeding 1k so that's fine and dandy :3

WARNINGS: (I MIGHT MISS WARNINGS, TAKE CAUTIONS)
1. Death
2. Disease AU
3. MaiMia created a disease AU by accident while writing this (explanation of AU, if you wanna ever use it for some reason, is after the story because I will spoil it if I tell you now)

4. BLOOD please take caution!
5. Twisted AU in a way?
6. Not even proofread so... definitely not edited

Don't forget:

MaiMia will not take any responsibility for your tears, fears and trauma, so read at your own risk!

But, MaiMia will be handing out hugs, tissues, chocolates and cupcake if you need it. 

Enjoy reading~

(Blood tears disease AU)

"We're getting married!"

This is a joke right?

"I'm happy for you two." Jules smiled awkwardly at the happy boy before her.

No, I'm not. Why am I lying?

"Thank you for helping us a few years back." The brunette boy known as Conner in front of him genuinely returned the smile as he was unable to contain his excitement.

I regret it. Why did it have to turn out like this?

"I'm glad it helped! You better repay me back somehow~"

I should be happy for you... yet it hurts so badly...

"Of course! Anything for the one who helped me find my love," the brunette said, not knowing the effect of the words on the girl in front of him.

Her heart tore as the words hit her hard.

I love you...

Yet I will never be the one you hold.

I will never be the one you love more than a friend.

I will have to live with this unrequited love forever.

As Jules waved goodbye to the brunette, her first tears of blood fell from her face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It all started when Conner told Jules about his crush.

Her heart had felt like it had been dropped to the floor and stepped on, but she put on a smile and offered to help him with his crush.

She initially thought that it would be just a puppy crush that would fade away with time, like it always did with his previous crushes.

However...

She never calculated the fact that his crush would return his feelings.

She never thought that their relationship would actually grow.

And because of that small miscalculation, she lost an opportunity to have a chance with the boy she loved.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She buried her face into the pillow, staining it with her tears of blood.

It had already been two years since she first contracted this accursed disease.