29

"Sorry for being late" Jihae bowed down as she apologized to Mr

"Sorry for being late" Jihae bowed down as she apologized to Mr. Min.
"That's okay, come in" He said, motioning the girl to enter the class.
She walked to her usual seat but noticed Donghyuck already sitting there so she stopped.
Her eyes trailing to the empty seat next to Renjun.
"Dahee?" She asked, pointing at the seat and Renjun nodded.
Just then Dahee entered the class waving at Jihae while taking her seat next to Renjun.

"Settle down Jihae fast. Just sit there" Mr. Min pointed at the empty seat next to Jaemin.
Nodding, she sat down next to the boy who flashed a small smile but quickly suppressed it, recomposing himself as he looked front.

Soon the class began..

"You guys know her already?" Jihae asked pointing at Chenle and Jisung, talking about Dahee

"Yesterday was her first day idiot" Renjun smacked Jihae's head lightly earning a groan from the girl as she rubbed the spot on her head.
"Fine" Jihae rolled her eyes, standing up as she grabbed her order.

"Where are you going?" Jeno asked her and she pointed at the boy sitting alone at one end of the cafeteria.
"Jihae stop—" She was already walking away from him, not bothering to hear Jeno's words.
Jeno's eyes staring at her back as she walked. He stood up and exited the cafeteria furiously, leaving his meal untouched despite all his friends calling him to come back.

"What are you staring at?" She asked looking out of the window trying to figure out what he was staring at.
Startled by the sudden presence, he turned to face the girl.
"Why here?" He asked looking at the table with all her friends who had their eyes on the two- Jeno no where to be seen, before turning his attention back to Jihae.
"Why can't I sit with my friend?" She asked with a proud grin plastered on her face, earning a chuckle from him.

"Aren't you worried?" She asked, looking at him with a concerned expression on her face. He simply stared at her, confused about what she was indicating.
"I don't know how to prove you innocent" She sighed, shaking her head.
Jaemin was about to speak but was interrupted by someone speaking through the mic- giving an announcement.

"Attention everyone. Lee Jeno, Na Jaemin and Seo Jihae of grade 12, class 2, please meet Mr. Kim in his office right now. I repeat- Lee Jeno, Na Jaemin and Seo Jihae meet Mr. Kim in his office right now. Thank you"
Immediately standing up, the two walked out of the cafeteria and made their way to his office.

"Why Jeno though? Did they figure out about the fight?" Jihae asked, suddenly feeling nervous.
"No, the cameras were under service that time- it's not about the fight" Jaemin said, walking alongside the girl. Soon Jeno joined the two.

Entering the room both Jeno and Jihae were taken by surprise noticing Mrs. Lee in the office, seated opposite to Mr. Kim and Mr. Yoo.
"Mom?" Jeno mumbled, shocked by her presence, as the three walked towards them.
"He's the suspect Mrs. Lee, Na Jaemin" Mr. Yoo said pointing at Jaemin.

"Why did you steal the ring?" She asked in a stern voice.
"I'm only a suspect, not the culprit" Jaemin said looking straight into her eyes- his words oozing confidence.
"Shut up. How dare you talk to me so disrespectfully?!" She slammed her hand on the table making everyone flinch except Jaemin, who stood unaffected.

"That ring is a diamond solitaire in a platinum setting, specially imported. Do you know how much it costs?" She asked.
"$7500, do you think you can pay that much?" She let out a mocking laugh.

"Mrs. Lee it's my fault for loosing the ring. I'm really sorry" Jihae bowed down, feeling guilty for loosing something that expensive.
"No dear, it's not your fault" She patted the girl's head, assuringly.
"Whoever stole it must feel guilty" She gritted her teeth, glaring at Jaemin.

"Mr. Kim I'm giving him one day time- you either pay for it or give me the ring back" She said looking at Jaemin.
"Mrs. Lee please understand he's just a student—" Mr. Kim began but stopped when she glared at him.
"He should've thought through before stealing it. I don't care how you'll repay me, I need the ring or compensation money by tomorrow. If not I'm filing a case against you" She said, pointing her finger at Jaemin.

"Mom why are you taking this so far??" Jeno asked, holding the hand that pointed Jaemin down.
"It's not a small thing Jeno. I'll let the law and order take care of him if I don't get what I want" Mrs. Lee took her last glance at Jaemin before leaving the room, Jeno following behind her.

 Lee took her last glance at Jaemin before leaving the room, Jeno following behind her

👀
What's gonna happen next??