Chapter 11

Shinrae enters the clinic to see Jaemin leaving the room. He shuts the door and turned around to see her standing right infront of him.

"oh? im right on time"

-

"how did the therapy go?" she asked as they walked their way home after getting off a taxi.

"yeah, its going quite well actually" she nods. There was an awkward tension between the two after what had happened days ago. Shinrae stared down as she suddenly realized the plastic bag she had on her hand.

"this is for you," she spoke as she extended her arm and gave him the plastic bag. Jaemin raised an eyebrow and looked into the bag.

"black hair dye?" he said as he took it out of the bag.

"to blend in you know, you're silky luxurious hazelnut brown hair can attract tons of attention stupid," she spats making him smile underneath his mask. He puts the dye back in the plastic bag and extended his arm aiming her shoulder but stopped, he thought of what happened last time and he doesn't want to scare her.

Jaemin then follows her from behind as they were now close to the house. The two were now close to the house gate till something made them freeze, stopping their tracks. Shinrae was the first to notice as her eyes widen and turns to jaemin. Looking around, there was no place to hide other than the neighbor's garden bush. The houses were just divided through a simple metal bar fence that was actually see through.

She pushed him down making him stumble, ass landed on the grass flat. The push made jaemin's eye's widen as he grabs her wrist, making her fall into his embrace.

It was her friend, Hyejin.

The two hid under the bush on their knees. Jaemin can't help but to feel abit nervous being this close to her. She had her head right next to his as she took a peek, Hyejin was still standing there right infront of the gate on her phone.

"why didn't she tell me she was coming over?" shinrae whispered as she cussed. A sudden ring on her phone caught them off guard, panicked once more. Shinrae pushed Jaemin down as his back made contact tothe ground with her covering his mouth.

Hyejin heard the sound from a far as she turned to where those noises came from. Looking around carefully at the neighbor's very beautiful green lawn, she didn't see anything and finally decides to open the gate and walked up to the house's porch. The two remained silent on the ground, Shinrae looked up at the male as she felt the slight warmth growing on his cheeks and slowly lets go of her hand from his mouth.

She murmurs a small sorry at him as he bit his lip. Soon, Ms.Shin answers the door. Also showing a shocked look as she saw her daughter's best friend who was standing right infront of her.

"Hy-Hyejin hello! how are you honey?" she started.

"hello miss shin. im doing great how about you?" Hyejin spoke.

"yes im fine thank you,"

"great! Is Shinrae home?"

"not at the moment hun, she was just out about an hour ago to take a short walk"

"oh! that's odd but i can wait! may i come in?" She says confidently.

Ms.Shin tried to make an excuse but she couldn't. Hyejin was basically like family to them, she's been there for her daughter from the start after all. So she couldn't help but to nod and let her in. As the front door finally shut, Shinrae finally lets out a relieve sigh and rested her head into Jaemin's shoulder and closed her eyes, and breathe slowly. That was such a nerve racking experience for the two.

"i guess she just did," Jaemin murmurs referring to her question from earlier. She sat up and went down to her back pocket to check her phone.

"youre right" she said. Jaemin sighs, having his elbows on the ground as support as his body rose. Such action made Shinrae drifts her attention from her phone to pair of eyes staring up at her. Jaemin had his eyes on her that slowly trailed up to her head, a sudden smile has formed on his face as his hand started to approach her face.

Shinrae froze, heart beating fast at what's happening right now. Panicking, she cleared her throat and finally got off his lap. She brushed off her outfit and lended Jaemin a hand as he finally was back on feet.

"Shinrae-"

"are you okay? is your back okay?" she cuts him off and started to spat some words.

"yes im okay but"

"that's good, now lets go!"

"wait-"

He didn't get to finish his sentence as she stormed off from him. She got nervous for some reason, something about his eyes made her heart race. Soon, jaemin followed her from behind. She instructed him to wait for a few minutes outside before going inside from the back door. He nods in agreement and watched her enter the house.

"I'm home!" her voice alerted the two individuals who were now in the living room. She made her way further inside to see her mother and her bestfriend. She even looked at the glass doors behind them that led to the backyard to see if jaemin was there.

"honey! how's your late morning walk?" her mother started. Shinrae looked at her with a smile.

"oh, yeah its fine, its been awhile ugh, it was so refreshing," she said making her bestfriend scoff.

"funny rae. You don't do walks but im glad your finally going for a healthy lifestyle," her best friend comments with a sarcastic smile making her make a face at it.

Hyejin noticed something on Shinrae's head making her stand up. Shinrae had a confused look and saw her picking up something from her hair.

"seriously?" there was a leaf on her hand. That must've came from the garden. She finally realized that jaemin was just trying to remove that leaf off her head earlier. The thought can't help but to make her smile.

"oops"

Ms.Shin and Shinrae made a look, she signalled her mother to bring them to the kitchen. She then noticed jaemin, who was slightly peeping through the glass door which made her eye signalling her mother to turn around. She did so and finally understand what was going on. And with that, she stood up.

"alright girls! Let's go to the kitchen and prepare for lunch" Ms.Shin states as she dragged Hyejin into the kitchen.

"I'll go change first then" the two nodded. She stood there, watching the both of them disappear into the kitchen and hurriedly opened the back doors, letting jaemin inside.

Jaemin entered the house and whispered a little "thank you" to her as he ran inside and quickly made his way upstairs. She smiled,

"cute"