Homey (2)

"You are doing what!" I winced, pulling the phone from my ear. The worst thing of this all I had to tell my friend that I met in college I was moving.

"I'm moving,"

"To where again?"

"New York." I scrunched my face, waiting to be lectured.

"I'm coming with you." I heard rustling in the background and I rolled my eyes. This was what I was afraid of.

"Callie, no." I said zipping up my suitcase. I lifted it up before wheeling it into the corner for tomorrow. "You still have three years of med school left."

"You can't go alone, especially to New York, I can transfer or something." She mumbled. I rolled my eyes once more plopping onto my bed.

"I'm not going to be responsible for being the person who made you pick up your life and move, I'll be fine." I assured her. Callie knew how shy I could be. She spent most of the time worrying about me than anything else. But after the accident she became my only family.

She sighed over the phone, halting her movement. "You'll call?"

"Yes." I nodded even though She counldn't see me.

"Everyday?" I smiled

"Everyday."

-

-

I was wheeling my suitcase through the airport dressed in a sweatsuit paired with socks and sandals. I had someone leading me to my plane to fly to NYC.

Aspen followed next to me with his leash. I was afraid they don't allow dogs, but thankfully they did.

In the corner of my eyes I saw people openly stare at me. I scanned the whole area to find majority were. My face turned up in confusion. I had no clue why they were. I slid my headphones off of my ears to further investigate. Some of them had had pity on their faces, some envy. The news caught my attention. All of the TVs across the airport were on the same channel. As I was walking I watched the news reporter speak. My mouth parted in shock as I saw my face plastered all over the screen.

"Seraphina Johnson, the new young owner of the multimillion company, Besset's. Handed down to her after the death of the former CEO, Talia Johnson." My face was on the news, I was on the news. "Will she be able to live up to her Aunt?" I gulped, soothing the dry throat that was caused by watching the TV.

Not only did I have a company to run. I also had expectations to live up to. I didn't even know what the expectations are. The sheltered lifestyle I grew up with, I was fine with, enjoyed it even. The saying of ignorance is bliss was my motto, the thing I lived by. Instead of my motto now it's a question.

How was I supposed to give what the people want, satisfy them?

That was the question that now plagued my mind, constantly. It was even worse due to the fact I haven't even stepped foot into one single building of hers, nor met someone who worked for the company, for me.

My gaze snapped back to the people staring as my breathing became unsteady. My attention then went to my phone as I felt it vibrate in my pocket. Once I pulled it out I looked at the caller ID to see Callie's name.

"Hel-"

"You're on the news Sera, the news!" I had to pull back the phone from her loud voice. I brought it back once she was done with her small rant.

"Yeah," I shifted my eyes to the the TV screens finally seeing that it turned to commercial. "I know." I mumbled. The lady who I was following took a sharp turn and we were met with two guards and a lady at the desk. The woman, Mrs. Reed, talked to the lady and the guards opened up the doors leading to the outside.