More like a heartbreak

Chapter 1

After the fire, realizing how bad she was physically affected, and since she was unconscious and not giving any signs of waking up, Red took Liz to the hospital. There, he found out a threat that he could never get rid of. Elizabeth was diagnosed with a congenital heart disease, he’s been told, and from that moment he wished he could keep her in his arms forever and avoid her any annoyances or dislikes that could rip her out of his arms forever.

He had been given general advice like low-salt food and medicines among other things. The most important one was that she had to lead a peaceful live otherwise, it could end on heart failure and after that he knew very well what could happen, so he had soften the road for her. He tried to make things for her the less rough possible and even paying some doctors to continue prescribing her the necessary medicines but disguised as something else. Elizabeth’s decision on becoming an FBI agent was a surprise and a concern to Red but he was a little relieved that she decided to be a profiler because he knew that she wouldn’t be chasing criminals. Red even told Elizabeth’s condition to the FBI assistant director Harold Cooper when he surrendered himself, who reluctantly accepted to keep her away from harm’s way. He hadn’t want for her to know because he knew that she was going to limit herself and keep herself from growing, enjoying and discovering the world, so he decided to do everything in the shadows, and now, he was regretting everything he had done to her  that had led to that moment.

Present day

Elizabeth was sitting in her office, watching at the images of Reddington entering and getting out of the hospital where her father Sam was and exactly in the time that he died. She was feeling anger, disappointment and even desperation to yell at him, but more than that, she was feeling sadness. Sadness because finally accepted her feelings for him and now, he had betrayed her in the worst possible way, by taking her father from her. She was sure on what to do, she needed to confront him and ask him why, and not only why he killed her father but why he broke her illusions of getting to know him. She was feeling rage, and the hot tears falling down her cheeks, she desperately needed to take out all the feelings she had, so he took her keys and headed towards the post office elevator. In her way to the exit she was greeted by a wave of dizziness so she leaned on the door frame of her office trying to steady herself and her rapid heartbeat, finally able to walk, she continued on her way to the exit, ignoring the pressure that started to accumulate on her chest.

The way to the safe house was a complete hell, she couldn’t see very well and she knew that it wasn’t only because of the tears cascading down her cheeks, something was blurring her vision and she nearly crashed. She finally made it to the safe house, the pressure in her chest hadn’t grow but still was there. When she was getting out of the car she felt another wave of dizziness hit her but she thought it was due to all the emotions she was feeling, but actually, it was something worse than just emotions, and it was yet to come.

Reddington was sitting on his peaceful sofa, reading a book when he heard a car parking at the front of the safe house and since Dembe was attending business on another city, he decided to check who was out, somehow knowing who it was but still wanting to see. He knew that something was wrong and the moment he looked through the window, he knew Elizabeth wasn’t okay, she was steadying herself with the car’s door,  and had she been crying?. He could see that she was pale and a combination of emotions were passing through her face, so he opened the door only to find her perfectly composed, but the feelings were still there.

“Lizzie, what brings you here?” he asked in expectation to have an answer from her that would tell him what was happening

“I am here for you” she answered with such a low tone that he barely heard her, and he detected a sad tone on her voice that made his heart twist