Ch 2. Chef

Lucifer didn't exactly know what to make of this human. He was undoubtedly polite with a peculiarly level head despite basically having been kidnapped and forced to attend a school full of demons. Once stepping into the dorm, he followed Beelzebub into the kitchen, intent on learning how to cook demon cuisines from him since it's his turn to make dinner this week. 

His brothers were as annoying as ever, but he didn't quite expect two of them to already take an interest in the human. It doesn't exactly matter for now; if anything, at least convincing them to help protect him will be easier. 

Lucifer sighed as he sat down at his desk, reluctant to start the paperwork detailing the exchange program. Details like the consequences of consuming new students or if they fail their classes. The demons of Devildom generally know better than to provoke a war via eating an exchange student. It'll be quite a long night.

Meanwhile, Mammon shirked from his duty of watching Ciel, leaving him with Beelzebub in the kitchen.

"Thanks for agreeing to let me hang around while you cook, Beelzebub." Ciel said as he opened and closed every cupboard and cabinet. It took no more than a quick peek in each hole to remember every single detail of the kitchen. He has, after all, borderline photographic memory.

Plates, bowls, kitchen utensils, towels - the only things that caught his interest were jars of savory smelling spices. He opened one of the fridges - the sight of diverse meats from strange creatures and exotic plants made his eyes sparkle with curiosity. 

"It's no problem. Another hand in the kitchen means I can cook more food, and more food is always good." Beel began stirring a large, pre-prepped cauldron of various ingredients not from the human world. Ciel's nose caught both familiar and new scents coming from the soup. 

"That smells delicious, mind if I have a taste?" he asked.

Beel watched his eyes light up from the mere aroma of his cooking and couldn't help but puff his chest out with pride. His brothers weren't bad in the kitchen - besides Mammon - but they always trusted him to make meals fit for a king. 

Nodding, Beel stepped aside and handed him the wooden ladle. Although he didn't show it, Ciel was ecstatic. Regular human food was too bland for his taste buds, so he would cook with an exorbitant amount of flavor and spice. Once as a kid, he tried cooking for his human mother, but her omelet was so spicy, she couldn't swallow the first bite. Since then, she taught him how to cook for himself and only for himself.

Taking his first sip of demon-made soup made his eyes water in pure joy. Finally some good f*cking food!

"H-hey, are you ok?" Beel asked, bringing his hand up to possibly console Ciel if he had to. Was his cooking so awful, it enticed such a reaction from his human taste buds?

Suddenly, Ciel dropped the ladle and grasped Beel's shoulders, stars practically replacing his pupils, "Chef Beelzebub, you absolutely must make me your disciple. Your cooking is the best I've ever eaten. You have no idea how bland some of my world's food is compared to this masterpiece!" Although it was still incomplete and needed some seasoning, it was still leagues better than what he had back at home.

Beel was stunned into silence. Bland food? He couldn't imagine a world where all food was tasteless - the thought alone appalled him. With a look of determination, he gripped Ciel's wrists and nodded. "I'll make you the best chef in this house, next to me. Now, just follow my lead."

Ciel ended up playing monkey-see-monkey-do. Beel had him chop and cook the ingredients according to his instructions using the same fluid techniques he was doing. 

"Could you chop some veggies for me? A couple of krodsums and wild hilfers will do."

"I'm sorry?" chuckled Ciel, "No such plants exist in the human world, so you'll have to show me what you're talking about."