2. Could he be.. the one?

The next morning, I woke up to Annabeth knocking on the cabin door.

"Kai! Come quick, there's a new camper. It's the one Chiron went to see!" Annabeth said excitedly. "Get dressed and meet me at the Big House."

I was shocked. This boy could be my chance to prove myself to the gods, and maybe my father would claim me.

I rushed to get dressed, pulling on an outfit similar to yesterday's, but leaving my hair down. I ran to the Big House, pushing other campers out of my way.

When I got the to large blue house, I saw Chiron in his wheelchair waiting for me on the porch.

"Come in darling, he's not doing too well right now." Chiron said grimly and led me to the sick area.

A boy about a year younger than me lay sleeping on the cot. He had messy jet black hair, and a small trickle of drool ran down his chin. Annabeth was at his side, feeding him a small piece of ambrosia.

"This is him?" I asked, sitting next to him and Annabeth.

"Yes, this is Percy Jackson. I believe this is the boy the prophecy speaks of. He had a very strong aura. Last night he arrived at camp chased by the Minotaur, and took him down without a weapon." Chiron said, acknowledging the horn Percy was cuddling.

Percy stirred, groaning something that sounded like "Moooom" and settled back down.

"He should wake soon. Grover, I want you to bring him out when he does." Chiron said. "Kai, Annabeth, let's go out to the porch. Would you like to play pinochle?"

•••

We were on our third game when Grover and Percy came around to the porch. Annabeth was leaning on the rail, and I was losing the game.

The boys walked closer to us, Grover muttering things in his ear. Percy scanned the four of us, his sea green eyes lightning up when he saw Chiron.

"Mr. Brunner!" he cried.

Chiron smiled. "Ah, Percy. Now we have 5 for pinochle." He offered Percy a chair between me and Mr. D.

Mr. D turned to him with watery eyes and said,"Oh, I suppose I must say it. Welcome to Camp Half-Blood. There, I said it. Now don't expect me to me glad to see you."

Percy scooted closer to me. "Uh, thanks."

"Annabeth?" Chiron called you her.

She came forward and Chiron introduced her to Percy. "This young lady nursed you back to health, Percy. And this-" Chiron gestured to me, "Is Kai. She helped Annabeth a little."

I smiled at Percy, but he just stared at Annabeth.

"Now, dears, why don't you go check on Percy's bunk? He'll go in cabin eleven for now." Chiron asked us.

I began to protest. "But Chiron, can't I stay? I want to know what's going on! You've told Annabeth more than me."

Chiron gave me a stern look. "Go, Kai. Please. I will tell you things when you need to know them.

I grumbled and went next to Annabeth. She gave me a sympathetic look then looked at Percy.

"You drool in your sleep." She said, before grabbing my hand and running to cabin eleven.