17. New bestie! (hint: starts with kro and ends with nos)

The book cover was the same color as a blueberry, and made with a hardcover. There was no title or author.

This was the moment my dreams had been telling me about. Whatever contents this book held, I assumed it would tell me something very important.

But wait! If the book came for, would the backpack come off too?

Reluctantly, I put down the book. I wanted to save the little excitement I might have for a while.

Then I tugged the backpack charm. Sure enough, the charm came off with ease and enlarged into a bright blue pack.

When I dumped it's contents out, I couldn't believe what I was seeing. The pack had been filled to the brim with food.

There were granola bars, seaweed, dried fruits, nuts, crackers, canned vegetables, and water. This was a game changer. I could survive now! If I rationed the food correctly, I could eat once every week or so and stay alive.

I looked down at my stomach, already yelling at me for food. This would be torture for a while.

But I didn't want to dwell on that. I packed up my food and put it back in the pack, and moved onto the book.

When I opened the cover, a note written on blue paper fell out.

Daughter,

I know this finds you in hard times. I know your fate, hold on. Uncover the truth.

I audibly gasped. This book- this was the book that would tell me who I am. My father's way of claiming me.

I turned to the first page.

Oceanus, the Titan of the Sea and Father of the Waters.

He has no mortal children, except for you.

You are powerful. Use it well.

Next to this writing was a painting of a man with a fish tail and green hair, along with the horns of a bull.

I could hardly contain my shock. I was half titan? Wanting more information, I turned the page.

As the child of Ouranos and Gaea, he is the eldest titan. He remained neutral in the first titan war and had the only titan who was not imprisoned by the gods.

He now resides deep in the waters, but can resurface anytime.

Oceanus is a powerful titan. You have inherited some of this power.

I turned the page.

Hydrokinesis-
control over water

Hydrogenesis-
generating water out of nothing

Atmokinesis-
control over water

Heat Resistance

Water Pressure Immunity

Underwater Breathing

Speaking to Sea Creatures

You may not have these powers, or you may have some that are not even listed.
Keep in mind that these powers will cost a great deal, and may eventually be your downfall.

I skipped through the pages, but they only had history of my father and things he did when the titans ruled.

My father.

I started to hyperventilate. Did this mean the gods hated me? Because I was titan-spawn? It all seemed unreal. And Kronos, he said my father was going to be on his side. His side for what? A war?