Vanity (MxF) *SFW*

*I know I don't usually do SFW(safe for work) but I felt like it and so yeah...*

*Small Story, Longer Than Usual*

*Seven Deadly Sins*

*Van>Vanity>Pride*

Sydney looked at the place around her and could tell the person who owned it loved what they had. There were also several portraits on the wall of a man with long blond hair, a sharp and regal nose, and plump pink lips and Sydney couldn't deny that the man was quite gorgeous, if not a little vain about it.

She wondered why she was here, after all, it wasn't every day you get summoned by a prince to his castle, especially one of the seven princes castles. She felt giddy even just stepping onto the marble flooring and gazing up at the diamond chandelier that glittered rainbows around the room.

"Right this way, my lady," the man, a butler apparently, ushered her through the corridor to a sitting room that was just as magnificent, right down to the beautiful rug on the floor that showed a scene of a man standing over his subjects as they worshipped him.

"His Royal Highness will be with you shortly," the man said as Sydney sat on the stark white couch.

She internally laughed at the formality the butler used when speaking about the prince. It wasn't enough to say 'The Prince'? He wanted his staff to use 'His Royal Highness'? Even when he wasn't around? It seemed a bit pompous but what was she to think anything of it?

Everything in the room was so pristine that Sydney was scared that if she sneezed she would immediately get sent to some kind of dungeon.

She began picking her nails and then had to stop herself in fear of getting any specks of anything on the rug that was probably worth more than her life and chose to, instead, fluff out her dress a bit more.

Sydney wondered if the portraits did the prince any justice and stood to look out the window at the kingdom below her.

If she had owned this castle, she knew this is where she would be at all times as the view was so beautiful, it took her breath away.

As she was marveling at the sight before her, she heard a throat clear and turned around, seeing the most beautiful man she had ever seen.

She knew there was something she should be doing when in the presence of a member of a royal family but she suddenly couldn't remember. Even her lips were parted, just trying to taste the breath this man was taking.

Her brain wires finally uncrossed and she curtsied as low as she had ever curtsied before.

"Please forgive me, Your Royal Highness, I must've lost my mind for a moment," she tried to save face, as her eyes were turned toward the rug.

"Please, call me Van," he spoke and his deep voice sent chills down Sydneys spine.

"Yes, Your Roy--, Van, sorry," she corrected herself, still curtsying as if her life depended on it though her legs were starting to hurt.

She heard footsteps and saw a pair of finely made black shoes step into her view before she felt a finger lift her chin.

"Your name, little dove," he whispered as he led her to stand and look into his enchanting dark grey eyes, his fingers ghosting from her chin to her temple and back down.

"Sydney Dryden...Sir," she whispered and gasped as his thumb rubbed against her bottom lip.

"You are beautiful, Miss Dryden. I'd be very pleased to possess such a rare bird as yourself if you'd let me," he let his fingers roam down her neck and play along her collarbones.