|Chapter 22: Learning about him|

You had to cancel your plans with everyone else and go along with Maruki's friend Shibusawa. You met up with his friend at Big Bang Burger in Shibuya. You sat down at a table in front of him.

"So you're Y/N huh?" Shibusawa said.

"Mhmm, right I am." You nodded.

You were kind of nervous considering how you never met a friend of Maruki's before. He never mentioned anything about having a friend.

"So how do you two know each other?" Shibusawa asked.

"Well, I met him at Inokashira at first and he offered therapy to me in which I rejected but in the end he ended up becoming not only my school psychologist but my friend too." You smiled.

"I see, you two seem to have a happy friendship together if that seems to be the case." Shibusawa nodded.

"Takuto always seemed like the lonely type. It wasn't until I met him around college and we became good friends. He was such a nice guy too, there was also Rumi alongside us as well." Shibusawa said.

Friends.... Wait... Rumi...? Haven't I heard that name before?

"May I ask who Rumi is?" You titled your head over in curiosity.

"Of course, Rumi was an old friend of ours. She was kind and the only person who understood Takuto. Takuto and Rumi started a romantic relationship after Takuto took interest in Rumi." Shibusawa mentioned.

Girlfriend... He's never told me about this. Could it be he didn't want to say anything about having a possible girlfriend?

"What else?" You asked for more detail.

"Rumi and Takuto were in a relationship for a long time but something happened. Suddenly it was like something changed in Rumi, I don't know what exactly since Takuto never addressed the problem to me. Takuto was always the secretive type. Not wanting to tell anyone else about things." Shibusawa looked upset.

"Do you ever know what happened between Doctor Maruki and this Rumi?" You were now interested.

"Well all I know is that Takuto fell into a this deep depression. After that he recovered and suddenly it's like him and Rumi broke up or something because Rumi and Takuto stopped keeping contact with each other. That's how it all went at least. I wish I had comforted Takuto or at least questioned him. It seems he can't even trust anyone, he hides it deep inside him." Shibusawa sighed.

You felt bad for Shibusawa.

"It does seem he hides things... To be fair he mentions things but when I try to question him further he acts like he never said anything about it." You brought up.

"The only way i could ever get Takuto to confess that old problem is if I were closer to him... But back then I was nothing but a friend to him, not a best or close friend." Shibusawa looked down.

Hearing Shibusawa makes me want to talk to Maruki about this and question him myself. I'd like to get him to talk. We are close after all, if only he trusted me that much to tell me about Rumi.

"I'm sorry I got carried away saying this... I just felt upset that Takuto never confided in me. Maybe since you're one of his only friends or patient who keeps him company... Maybe you can get him to say a thing to you." Shibusawa mentioned.

"Thanks, but I don't think I'd like to pressure him... He'd probably get upset if I did so. Last time he mentioned Rumi's name he looked upset. It feels like he's still not over Rumi yet..." You looked down.

"That's fine, you do you." Shibusawa said.

"If only there was someone who could give him the world and the same happiness that he had with Rumi...." Shibusawa sighed.

I would give him the world but too bad he probably doesn't see me that way...

"How was Doctor Maruki and Rumi's relationship?" You questioned.

"Those two were very understanding of each other. They loved each other a lot, whenever Takuto had spare time he'd always spend it with Rumi. He did love Rumi so much he'd give the world and happiness with Rumi. Rumi would do the same thing in exchange." Shibusawa said.

You sighed.

"I was surprised about how Takuto smiled when he saw you. All of his smiles seem fake but the one he had around you seemed real. He seemed like he was happy that you were around or even with him. Maybe he does confide in you. Maybe he wants to tel you what he couldn't tell me." Shibusawa smiled.

Your face turned pink.

"I-It's not like that I um... I mean I should be the one smiling more than him. He brought me out of my shell and showed me the true self in me. I've changed so much. I went from a longer girl at school to having great friends and a good psychologist." You smiled.

"Takuto has always wanted to make people happy. Takuto wishes happiness for those a lot. Takuto even wanted me to find happiness for myself too but I doubt we can with this world being in shreds." Shibusawa said.

You agreed with Shibusawa.

"Well, look at the time... Time sure has passed huh?" Shibusawa laughed a little.

"Agreed, it's like I don't even know what hit me." You smiled.

"Well, this was fun Y/N. Thank you for hearing me out and joining alongside me for this conversation about Takuto. May we meet again." Shibusawa walked off.

You took the train back home and came back exhausted.

"What's wrong dear? You look like you've had a work out." Your mother asked.

"I just had a long talk with someone." You mentioned.

"Was it your psychologist?" Your mother smirked.

"Mom...! Stop!" You frowned.

"I was only teasing you...! God you're the cutest!" Your mother pinched your cheeks.

You went back into your room to see a message from Maruki.

"I was doing some paper work and found an old drawing of mine. I thought it was funny so I wanted to show you it."

Maruki sent a picture of a drawing of his that looked funny. It read "I want to become a psychologist when I grow up."

You laughed a little and said it was cute. You then fell asleep.