|Chapter 62: Why can't you just accept it?|

"No... This can't be... I lost..." Maruki looked disappointed in himself.

"Takuto..." You walked towards him.

"Please listen to me, listen to my voice. Stop running away from what you know you're going to regret. I know the Takuto I love is still in you so please.. You have to stop this! Stop all this madness and revert everything back to normal!" You yelled.

Maruki looked over at you feeling guilt.

"It's not that easy... I can't do it...!" Maruki yelled.

Maruki summoned his persona and attacked you.

"(y/n)...!" Everyone yelled.

You felt weak from all this power he used just to attack you.

"T-Takuto..." You muttered.

"(y/n)...! I-I I'm sorry...! I didn't know what over came me, please-!" Maruki looked upset.

You noticed how Akira stepped in, defending yourself and everyone else behind him.

"If you're going to hurt (y/n) then I won't allow it...! I won't allow you to proceed with your twisted plans of desires!" Akira yelled.

This is the first time I'm hearing Akira yell... He's always such a bright and calm guy I never hear him yell... Maybe now he finally found something that has pissed him off the most. It's pretty scary alright.

You saw as the palace began to move a little, it was between Akira and Maruki to face off. They stood somewhere out of energy and not able to fight with personas so they began to punch each other.

"S-Stop...!" You tried to yell out.

You tried to get up but felt too weak and exhausted to get up.

"Sumire...! Heal me! I need to stop this...! I can't let this happen...!" You yelled over at Sumire.

She hesitated a little bit.

"Someone please... Please heal me... I want to help him... I want to... I want to save Maruki...!" You yelled.

You tried to get back up feeling very fatigued. You tried to go over at where they where but you ended up collapsing to the ground. You could feel your eyes trying to close on you.

"Please... Akira... Don't... Don't hurt him." You muttered.

You closed your eyes and gave in to fatigue. You fell asleep from the exhaustion.

~~Dream pov~~

You found yourself lying down on the ground.

"Wake up." You heard a voice call out to you.

You opened your eyes and stood up, looking around. Your persona Champeron Rouge was in front of you.

"Champeron Rouge...? What are you doing here?" You looked at Champeron Rouge with a confused look.

I am here to get you back up again.

"What are you talking about...? What happened??" You asked.

You seem to have lost a fight against the one you truly love... I wonder now how can you promise to protect him or be the hero you wanted to be towards him if you gave up so suddenly.

"Ouch Champeron Rouge... Why be mean? There's noticing I can do at this point anyways... Why should I bother when I know he isn't going to listen to me." You muttered.

How are you going to convince him to stop this madness?

"My words won't get to him... No matter what..." You sighed.

Champeron Rouge pointed over at a direction, you noticed to where she was pointing at. It was Maruki except not the actual Maruki. It was a shadow version of him, come to think of it you had never seen a shadow version of him. You had only seen the true version of him being the palace's owner.

"I'm scared... What do I do...?" You heard the shadow Maruki say.

You walked up to the shadow Maruki.

"What are you so scared about?" You asked.

The shadow Maruki turned away from you, not wanting to face you.

"If I don't give anyone what they want... How will they be happy? My life has always been wanting to help people but how can I do that? I want to be helpful, prove useful to everyone and be considered a good guy to them." The shadow Maruki said.

"Takuto, sometimes you have to learn that not everyone can be happy. That there are people that can still have different ways they see things. By giving them what you think they want, you're spoiling them. Think of it as a child, you spoil them with toys and gifts and they'll expect only that from you." You said.

The shadow Maruki stood quiet a little, he didn't say a word.

"Hey Takuto, you're leaving me in silence. Everything alright?" You poked his back.

"I failed you (y/n)... I failed to be the boyfriend you wanted me to be. I failed to promise to be there for you. I wasn't good enough for you, you should just find someone else." Maruki said.

"Why would I find anyone else? You've always been the one for me." You said.

"Are you sure you're not pulling my leg?" The shadow asked.

"Am I? Want to turn around for me and see for yourself?" You asked.

The shadow Maruki was hesitant on turning around but did so anyways, he faced you with a sad look on his face. His eyes were as yellow as a shadow's. Yep he's definitely one.

"I can't even get myself to look at you, after what I've done how can I get over this...?" The shadow Maruki asked.

You hugged shadow Maruki and smiled.

"I forgive you, even if you done so much things that hurt me or done things I didn't want you to do... I forgive you. I'll never be mad at you, you could do a lot to me but I cant get myself to be mad at you. You mean so much to me." You smiled.

You heard sniffing sounds coming from Maruki.

~~(y/n)'s pov~~

You awoke and noticed that Akira and Maruki were still fighting but they looked really exhausted.

What I did... Was all this a dream...? I was hoping I'd be able to change his heart...