Six.

Addison's POV

Bryce and I finished our food and got in the car. I sat in the passengers seat, staring out the window.

"Are you okay?" Bryce asked sympathetically.

"Yeah," I nodded. I thought of Dixie and remembered all the good times we had together. I truly did miss her. It pained me to see her with someone else and I don't know why.

He dropped me off at home and I wished him a good night. I immediately went up to my room, ignoring my family.

I flopped down on my mattress and stared at my lock screen. I missed being friends with Dixie. Staying up till four am talking and being idiots, jumping on my trampoline, annoying Charli. All of it. I missed her, I missed the memories. I missed the feeling of being happy.

The only reason I'm agreeing to be with Bryce is well, you can't be unhappy when I'm surrounded by people, right?

____
I woke up the next morning, late for school, just like I used to be years ago. I rushed around and grabbed my school things. I almost forgot my phone, but as I was heading out the door my mom handed it to me.

"Hey, invite Bryce over for dinner okay?" My mom asked.

I opened the door and called to her over my shoulder, "I'LL ASK HIM LATER!" I hopped in my car and started it quickly. It was freezing, but I didn't have time to let it warm up.

I finally got to school twenty minutes late. I got a late slip from the office and made my way to math. I entered the room and my classmates stared at me. I walked over to my teacher and handed him the late slip.

"Don't be late again Miss Easterling, I expect better from you," He sighed. I lowered my head and walked to the back of the room where the only seat was open. And to my luck, it was right next to Dixie.

"I had to drive Charli because of you," Dixie whispered to me.

"Why are you talking to me?" I snapped, not in the mood.

"Jeez," Dixie said and leaned back in her chair.

Halfway through the lesson, my teacher announced that we were doing a project with partners.

"Okay, so we're going to need partners. Ah! Stop right there, I've already picked them." I sighed. "Okay...let's see....Bryce and Avery," There we're groans from both students. "Avani and Griffin, Nessa and Josh..." I zoned out as he listed off the partners. "Um...Dixie and Addison."

"No way!" I shouted snapping out of my phase.

"Miss Easterling, if you have an issue, please speak to me about it after class.

I felt my phone vibrate and I noticed I'd gotten a new text from a group chat.

Bryce ❤️❤️ Dixie sticks and avery

Bryce ❤️❤️
let's switch partners

avery
thank god

dixie sticks
how do you have
my number?

I looked at Dixie's contact name, noticing I hadn't changed it since we used to be friends.

At the end of class, the four of us walked up to my teachers desk.

"How may I help you?" He asked in a deadpanned tone.