Chapter 39| Andrew

I was able to teleport after Ava left. I found myself in a hallway I hadn't seen before. It was filled with cells and empty rooms. 

"Martha!" I called out when I felt her presence. You idiot! 

"H-Help," she said quietly. I followed her voice until I was in front of her cell. 

"Martha? Is that you? I'm going to get you back to the human world. Or I'll try anyway."

"W-Who are y-you?" she asked, shaking.

"Do you know who Ava is? The anchor for the human and demon world?"  I asked.  She nodded. "I'm her boyfriend. My name's Andrew." I took out the key Ava gave me and used the back edge of it to pick her cell lock. Too bad I couldn't do this with the door, I thought.

"Y-you're going to get y-yourself killed," Martha said. 

"I know, but you need to get out of here, to the afterlife or something," I said. I opened the cell door.

"Why are you helping me? I'm going to die anyway." 

"Because I know the other 2 anchors. Both are people that I wish more than anything I could help, but I can't. So I'm doing what I can do to help someone at least," I explained. "Also if I don't get you outta here then you'll be used as a tool to help destroy the human world and afterlife. Or to take them over. It's still unclear what the plan is since 3 of us surrendered. Maybe 4. Did you surrender?" Her hand started to bleed.

"Dammit she's doing it again, no I didn't surrender," Martha said. 

"Okay so 3 out of the 6," I muttered to myself. "Who's doing that to you?" 

"Ava, everytime she cuts herself I get it too, Jade doesn't because both Ava and I are connected to the human world. Meaning if Jade dies then she kills both Ava and I because she's connected to the afterlife and the demon."

"Not entirely. From what I can tell, your more dominant side is human, demon for Ava, and angel for Jade. So if she dies she'll likely just take you down with her because you're connected to her dominant side. And if Ava dies then Jade goes down. If you die then I think you take Ava down. Agh. This isn't good," I said.

"Let's get out of here before you get killed," Martha said, standing up.

"Sounds good. Can you teleport?"

"Yes."

"Good then grab my hand." I held out my hand for her to take. She took it, with her non bloody hand. We teleported though I didn't know where to. There was a giant door. It can't possibly be this easy to escape Hell unless we're being let out or something's about to happen. Luka appeared. Wonderful.

"Well your little girlfriend is so easy to hurt," she laughed. I lunged at her. I didn't hate her, but my feelings towards her were nearly there. She moved.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you boy," she said. I did it again. She moved again. "I guess you really want your girlfriend dead."  

"It's simply an empty threat. Why should I believe you?" I asked through clenched teeth. If only I was faster with my attacks. I heard Ava's scream.

"Don't you just love that sound?" She asked laughing. 

"Leave her the hell alone!" I yelled. Usually I was pretty good at staying calm, but I couldn't this time.

"Oh pretty boy, I wonder, why you want me to leave her alone, Care to share?" She asked. 

"No. You've been in my head. You know basically everything about me already so figure it out yourself!"