Chapter 2.1

11 months and a few days after...

"Chu..." Jennie said a bit tipsy, she had just left the bar where she was drinking at and had decided to walk home.

...For better, for worse...

Today was supposed to be her and Jisoo's 8th wedding anniversary.

...For richer, for poorer...

They were supposed to renew their vows under the starry sky just like they do every anniversary since their marriage.

...In sickness and in health...

Jennie sighed, stopped walking and looked up at the sky.

...To love and to cherish...

"Chu..." Jisoo was supposed to be with her, by her side. "I need you..."

...For as long as I live...

Jennie sighed once again and looked straight ahead. Her eyes widened, her breath hitched "Chu..."

...With the whole universe as my witness...

She saw the love of her life, her partner in crime, her best friend, her wife. Just meters ahead was Jisoo, waving at her.

...This is my solemn vow to you, my Jendeukie...

Jennie stood there frozen for a minute then she started walking towards her slowly, she couldn't believe it. It was her Jisoo, waving at her... 'wait... why is a taxi stopping in front of her... NO!' Jennie started to run as her Jisoo was getting in the taxi. "Jisoo..." She said a bit out of breath and ran faster. She was close, so close but then she tripped, and the taxi had just left.

...I will be with you no matter what...

"Jisoo!!!" Jennie cried out loud, she hit the concrete sidewalk in frustration and stood up, tears falling out of her eyes. She grabbed a fist full of her hair and shouted in frustration as she kicked the air. "She was so close..." Jennie whispered in despair as she crouched down holding her head and she sobbed. "Jennie?" someone called her. "Jennie!" It was Irene. She had called her as she ran towards Jennie. "What happened, what's wrong, why are you crying, what are you doing here?!" Irene asked rapidly with worry and gentleness in her tone. Jennie looked at Irene and hugged her. "She- she was here... Jisoo was here." Jennie sobbed. "What?" Irene pulled away from Jennie's hug and looked at her eyes. "Jennie..." "She was here... just a few minutes ago... she was here." Jennie weakly said. Irene felt sad for Jennie, she looks so broken and hurt, she could see the despair and longingness in her eyes. "Jennie... Let's get you home." Irene said as she gently hugged Jennie. "No, she was here Irene, she was just in front of me a few minutes ago, we have to look for her!" Jennie shouted as she pushed away from Irene's hug. "You need to rest Jennie." Irene said with concern. She knew Jennie had drank from how she smelled like alcohol, but she didn't have the heart to tell her that she was just drunk and upset, not when she looked this broken. "Please..." Jennie begged. "Jennie you need to rest and once you've rested enough, we'll look for Jisoo first thing in the morning." Irene said. "Promise?" Jennie asked weakly. "Promise" Irene said as she hugged Jennie as she passed out from being emotionally tired.

TO BE CONTINUED...

>feel free to comment your thoughts on this chapter