Chapter 2.2

the day of the accident...

On the way to the airport, Jisoo was scrolling down on her phone's gallery filled with pictures of Ella and Jennie. She was acting like a teenager stalking her crush, giggling and laughing at the pictures.

"You seem to be happy miss." The taxi driver said, he had noticed her giggling since she got on his cab. "Yes, I'm finally going back home to my family." She answered happily. "You must really love your family to be this excited." He said, amused by her excitement. It's rare to have a passenger this happy and interactive, most of the time they would be quiet or rude telling him to mind his own business. "Yes, I-" Before she could even finish her words, an over speeding SUV had crashed to her side of the taxi at the intersection. The impact was so hard that the taxi flew a few meters before it skidded to a stop.

Jisoo was in a bad shape she had hit her head hard and was bleeding heavily, the taxi driver was injured too and had passed out. "Jennie... Ella... I'll be home soon..." Jisoo whispered as she stared at her family's picture on her phone as it had slowly slipped from her hold as she lost her consciousness.

The people involved in the accident were rushed to NYC biggest hospital, since it was the nearest. The SUV driver was announced dead on the spot while Jisoo and the taxi driver were in separate operating rooms, both in critical conditions but Jisoo was in a worse condition.

This incident would have made into the news, but everything was covered up. The witnesses, the emergency response team, the nurses, the doctors, basically everyone who saw or got involved were either bribed or forced to sign a non-disclosure contract. Any recordings of it were erased. All of that done an hour after Jisoo's surgery and she was transferred somewhere else right after.

............

The faint rhythmic beeping sound of the heart monitor was what Jisoo heard when she regained consciousness after a month of being in coma. The sound slowly became louder as she slowly opened her eyes. "My love, you're finally awake." An unfamiliar woman greeted her and adjusted her bed so she could sit up comfortably. She wanted to speak to her but her throat felt dry. "Wa...ter..." She said hoarsely and the woman handed her a glass and assisted her to drink. "Drink slowly or you'll choke." She said. When Jisoo was done drinking she looked at the unfamiliar woman and asked slowly. "Who are you?" The woman smiled at her sweetly and said. "I'm Krystal Jung, your wife."

TO BE CONTINUED...

>feel free to comment your thoughts on this chapter