Chapter 5 Shadow Of Illusion

Hildegard's P.O.V

      Hildegard could see that Swick was about to fire his thugglet at them, so she fired a phosphoro slug at Royce. Royce closed his eyes, and Swick fired the thugglet. Junjie, Hildegard, and Swick got out of the way, and the thugglet's illusion appeared. Hildegard, Junjie and Swick hid in the bushes again, and aimed at Royce. Royce looked around and saw the illusion of Junjie and Hildegard standing in front of him, aiming at him. He fired ghouls at the illusions, which then disappeared.

Royce- What is... wait, IT'S JUST A THUGGLET!

      While he said that, Hildegard fired an arachnet at Royce, but he used slug fu to turn the slug against her, tying her up. Junjie fired an arachnet at Royce, who couldn't avoid it. It tied him in place. Swick and Hoshi ran over to Hildegard and to get her free, while Junjie and Trixie went over to Royce. The three all pointed their blasters at him.

               Junjie's P.O.V

Junjie- You have lost, Royce

     Royce turned to his cousin and laughed. Junjie and Trixie looked at him confused.

Trixie- What are you talking about?

Royce- I have lost? Hahaha! I will never lose against anyone! And everyone who tries to stop me will end up like that idiot Vanona!

        Junjie's eyes widened, as he remembered the murder that happened years ago. He could remember how terrified he was when he saw the young girl's body laying on the ground, killed by Royce. He remembered that Royce was calmer, and actually calmed down Junjie back then. But now, the anger and evil in Royce's eyes made him remember that the boy who used to be his best friend, had become an evil man. Royce looked at him mockingly, before breaking free of the arachnet net. He pushed Trixie onto Junjie, and ran a few meters ahead.

Royce- Do what you want Junjie, but you won't succeed. I will always beat you. And when I do, I will become the eastern champion!

          He barely avoided a slug that flew past him.

Royce- Hey! You interrupted my monolog!

Hildegard- What can I say, you talk too much!

        She fired another slug at him, but when she did, he disappeared.

Swick- What in the world?

Junjie, Hildegard, Trixie, Swick, and Hoshi ran over to where he was standing.

Junjie- How is it possible for him to vanish?

Trixie- He used a shadow walker.