-29- Silent Problems

(Steve's FoV)
I looked over at Alex, who was tied up as well. We both were tied with our wrists against the cold, obsidian wall. Multiple times we both asked the guards for Hero, which were nice enough to tell us that he was a few rooms to our left.
Alex looked at me as well. She was scared.
We were still caught in that dark room, and every day a guard came to us, freeing us from the shackles, giving us food and new information on Hero.
Right now he came again, freeing us. He had two loafs of bread with him, as well as some water. We sat down in a circle, talking.
Normally, he wasn't allowed to do that. Yet none of the guards cared since they didn't seem to like Notch at all.
"Why do we never get a reply when we call for Hero?", Alex asked. The guard hesitated. "Well... That's actually a bit confusing. He doesn't talk to me and the others either, and when he tries to, he can just get out a raspy gag. It worries us all, but we can't dp anything since Notch doesn't let us to him. Wait, today I actually can go to him and ask him. I can ask him if everything's fine, and maybe even help him. I'll come back in the evening, alright? Notch won't come down, so I can leave you free. If he does, tho, act like you're still in shackles, alright?" We both agreed and the guard left.
After a few hours he came back with another load of bread and some water, walking past our cell this time. The other two guards greeted him, and he greeted back.

(Rico's (Guards) FoV)
I walked past all the empty cells. Currently, only Steve, Alex and Herobrine were here, no one else.
With a heavy sigh I arrived at the torture chamber, taking my keys. I unlocked the door and went towards the demon, who was tied up between the two pillars. His back was bleeding, and the whip which was lying on the wooden table was bloody as well. Very worried I put the food ion the table, far away from the blood. Then I went to Herobrine, carefully taking him down from the ropes. I hated my job so much just because of this.
With a deep sigh I looked around for the towels Notch kept down here. God knows why.
I found them and stood up, taking three clean ones. The others had dried blood and other bodily fluids on them. But they were old. With the clean ones I carefully removed the blood and do my best to somehow stop the bleeding, leaning him carefully against a wall. Herobrines' body was completely limp in my arms and I was scared that I could break his thin and fragile body. He was very light, and I was wondering how he could survive like that.
Very gently I slapped him a few times, making him wake up. His normally white glowing eyes were dim and almost black. He looked at me weakly, blood dripping out of his mouth. I carefully dried it. "Can you hear me, Herobrine?", I asked carefully. He hesitated before nodding slowly. "Good. Are you hungry?" He nodded again, but only a little bit. I stood up and went to the table, taking the bread and the water. I broke the loaf and gave him a piece. He shook as he took it, slowly biting into it and eating. I watched him. "You don't look good. What did he do to you?", I continued to ask. He just shakily pointed at the two pillars, then his wrists, the ropes and then to the table. I tilted my head. "He whipped you." Herobrine nodded. I hesitated. "And... Why don't you speak?" He hesitated before pointing at his throat, stabbing it a bit with his finger. He then opened his mouth, but crossed two fingers in front of it. I hesitated.
"I... I don't understand." He thought about something before looking at the floor. It was pretty dusty, giving him an idea. He used his finger to write something in the dust, making it able for me to understand it. "So, you're mute now.", I mumbled in surprise. Then I looked at him. "And that's why you couldn't reply to Steve and Alex..." He tilted his head worriedly. "Oh, they just asked for you. But you couldn't answer because you were knocked out and are muted now." He looked at me worriedly, seemingly asking if they were fine. I nodded. "Yeah. They're completely fine." Herobrine seemed relieved and smiled shyly. I smiled back at him. "Some more bread?", I asked and offered him another piece. He nodded and ate it, drinking some water as well. In the meantime he let me examine his body for more injuries. There was nothing else than they cuts on his back and some on his hips. One was on his stomach as well, but that didn't seem to hurt too much.
"Say, did he do anything else than this?", I asked. He shook his head. I took a deep breath. "Ok." I leaned further towards him, whispering into his ear: "Wait for tonight. We'll come back." He hesitated before nodding.
I stood up and took the glass. "Try to stay awake as long as possible.", I told him. He agreed, looking at me. I said goodbye to him and left.

(At the evening)
(Steve's FoV)
Rico came back, waving shortly at us. But to my surprise Notch was there as well. He went past us, seemingly pissed about something. But the guards blocked his way all of the sudden. Notch hissed. "WTF?! Get out of my way!", he hissed. The guards didn't budge. Instead, Rico suddenly yelled something. "NOW!!!"
In this moment, four mobs got teleported in here. Rico threw a key to them before running off to the left with a second guard. Notch growled and tried to push himself through between the guards, but they pushed him back.
Lancer, Endigo, Zomb and Witho were here, all of them ready to save us. A spider dropped down on Notchs' head, distracting him from us. Witho opened the door and Lancer and Zomb came inside to help us. Endigo ran off, pushing Notch back with all of his might.
Rico and the other guard came back to us, holding a very hurt looking Hero between them. He was wrapped in a blanket, but still he was shivering. Rico and the guard held up his complete body weight. Hero could barely move and he kept his head down.
Notch had came a few hours ago and went to Hero's cell. And now I noticed why.
He wasn't there to only chat.
Hero's skin was ripped open at his arms and blood dripped out of his mouth.
I stood up with Zombs' help. Lancer cared about Alex. A bit worried I went to Hero, carefully running a hand through his hair. Hero, is everything fine?", I asked him. But Notch replied.
"HE ISN'T FINE!!! HE'S MUTE FOREVER NOW!", he laughed. Everyone flinched except for Rico. "Yes, you heard it right. I muted the demon.", Notch chuckled. I hesitated and looked at Hero. "Is... Is that true?", I asked, my voice trembling. Hero raised his head, looking at me in sadness. Then he nodded.I started to growl and looked at Notch, ready to kill him for just this. But Hero took my hand.
I looked back at him, slightly confused. He looked at Rico and the other guard which let go of him. Hero stood still for a moment before  he raised his arms slightly. He crossed his fingers, pointed at Notch and then ran a finger over his throat. I hesitated. "Why aren't I allowed to kill him? He deserves it.", I asked. Hero thought for a moment before running his finger over his throat again, pointing at me this time and then at Notch. "You think he'll kill me?" He nodded. Then he pointed at his side. I hesitated before looking at Notch. A knife was strapped to his side. Then I noticed what he meant. "Oh! I get it now...", I said, looking at Hero.
Endigo knocked Notch out by throwing his against the wall with all of his might. "Come on guys!", he said. He teleported us outside of the castle, as far away as possible.

___________________
1412 words

I had no idea on how to finish this chapter.