When We Were Kids

Rini's POV:

"Guys, I'm not sure we should go in there." I nervously tell the group of boys in front of me.

We're all standing in front of a broken fence with a sign warning us not to enter.

"Are you scared, Rini?" Katsuki teases me, "Don't be a loser like Deku."

The ash-blond marches through the fence and two other boys follow him into the wooded area. I look over at my twin brother who's trembling beside me and take his hand.

"Don't worry, Izuku, if anything happens I'll get us out of there," I give him a wide reassuring smile.

He returns the smile and we follow after Katsuki.

We've been in the woods for a while now and we came to a stream with a fallen tree over it. The surface of the tree was mossy, making it slippery enough for Katsuki to fall off and into the stream below. I rush over to the side, worried for my friend's safety.

"Katsuki! Are you okay!"

"Don't worry, Rini. Katsuki is the strongest. No way that fall hurt him." One of the other boys told me.

Sure he's strong, but even strong people get hurt.

"Hurry and get back up here!" the boy yells down to Katsuki.

"I'm coming," Katsuki yells back while rubbing his neck embarrassedly.

I hear more splashing and see Izuku in the water walking over to Katsuki.

"Are you okay," He offers him his hand, "Do you need a hand?"

Katsuki's smile twists into an angry frown and he slaps my brother's hand away.

"I don't need help from a weakling like you, Deku." he gets up and joins us on the other bank.

 He and the two other boys continue into the woods, but I wait for Izuku.

"Are you okay, Izuku?"

He looks at me with a smile on his face, but tears in his eyes, "Yeah, I'm okay, Rini."

After exploring for a while longer the five of us are on our way out of the woods. Katsuki was showing off his Quirk while we walked.

"Kacchan's Quirk is super cool, don't you think?" Izuku asks me.

I watch Katsuki make a few more mini-explosions, "Yeah, he'll make a great hero one day."

"Yeah, but I'm sure our Quirks will be just as cool, Rini!"

"Of course they will be, Izuku!" we high five.

"You think I can't!?" Comes Katsuki's voice from a few feet ahead.

Izuku and I run to catch up with them and find one of the boys challenging Katsuki.

"There's no way you can blow up an entire tree!"

"Just watch me!" Katsuki yells as he faces a medium-sized tree. 

He adjusts his stance and prepares for a huge attack. The rest of us stand back and watch as he slams his palm onto the tree and ignites the entire thing in a massive explosion. I cover my eyes because of the bright light his explosion makes and when I uncover them the tree is charred to a crisp, with only a few branches still attached.

We all wear awestruck looks as he turns to us with a confident smile, "See. I told you I could do it."

"Wow!" Izuku and the others yell as they run over to him, I'm about to join when I notice Katsuki holding his arm like it hurts.