The Red Wolf

"One. Two. Three. Four. Five. Six. Seven. Eight."

The entire class repeats together as our Anti-Korosensei blades slice through the air.

We're outside in our P.E. uniforms, practicing our knife skills with our new Physical Education teacher, Mr. Karasuma. Which we are all extremely grateful for because when it comes to P.E. Koro-Sensei has high expectations.

Back when Koro-Sensei was in charge of P.E. he had us doing things like side jumps at Mach-20 while doing cat's cradle along with other humanly impossible activities.

Koro-Sensei and Mr. K talk a little before I see our tentacled teacher walk off to the sandbox crying.

"Can I ask an obvious question, sir?" asks Maehara, "If there's an actual point to this training, should we really be doing it in front of our target?"

"Whether killing or studying, it's the same principle. Drill the basics and they'll serve you well," answers Mr. K.

Okay, but does that really answer the question? I wonder.

"Isogai, Maehara, step up," Mr. K orders the two boys.

They do as they're told and stand next to each other.

"I want you to try and stab me with those knives."

"Uh, are you serious, sir?"

"Sure am. Tell you what, hit me and you can go home for the day," Mr. K offers as he loosens his tie.

Isogai and Maehara look at each other nervously, then begin their attack.

Isogai attacks first, but Mr. K dodges it with ease. Next is Maehara, but he doesn't get anywhere either as Mr. K blocks his attack. They continue for a little while longer, neither getting any hits on our teacher.

"See kids. Even with the bare minimum know-how, I can dodge their attacks in my sleep. They have no technique."

This comment angers the two boys as they go for a team attack, but both are knocked down before they can even land a hit.

Nagisa and I both stare in aw at the fight.

"If you can't hit a regular guy like me then you haven't got a prayer against a target that can reach Mach-20. Look. We've been sparring for thirty seconds and he's already had ample time to change clothes, make tea, and build a model of Osaka Castle."

We all look to the sandbox and see Koro-Sensei in a green robe sipping tea next to his sand sculpture.

"That's why we drill. When the whole class can hit me, you've got a shot," Mr. K says helping Isogai and Maehara stand up.

Once P.E. has ended some of the girls start talking about what a good coach Mr. Karasuma is, this makes Koro-Sensei jealous that he's becoming our favorite teacher.

It makes me giggle, "Don't worry, Koro-Sensei, you'll always be my favorite teacher!"

"Really! You mean it, Rini!" he says with tears in his eyes.

"Of course after all your the only one I get 10 billion bucks for killing!"

I make my way over to Nagisa who looks just as worn out as I am.

"You ready for the quiz in sixth period, Rini?" My blue-haired friend asks me.

"Maybe, I looked over my notes last night and during lunch."