The Red Wolf (Cont.)

I slide closed the classroom door and lean back against it, relieved that such an irritating day is finally over.

I walk out of the building and down the path, taking a deep breath of fresh air, and close my eyes, listening to the peaceful sounds of the mountain's ecosystem.

"I still can't believe that redheaded jerk is in my class," I say out loud thinking no one was around to hear me.

"'Redheaded jerk' you wouldn't be talking about me, would you?"

The familiarity of that cocky voice causes me to frown as I look up. In a branch just above me sits the aforementioned redheaded jerk, a smug smile plastered on his face.

Once he knows I've seen him he tosses something down to me. I lean forward and catch it in my hands.

Is this my pencil?

"Now would a jerk be nice enough to return that to you?"

"Hmph, this doesn't even belong to me," I say turning my head to the side, "and even if it did, not one good deed does a good person make."

My snarky comment makes him laugh as he jumps down off the branch to stand only a couple feet in front of me.

"Wow, I knew you'd be feisty after what Terasaka told me, but I didn't think you'd be this much fun," he says coming a little too close to me.

His words and closeness startle me so I take a step back.

"That's right, he told me all about you and your Quirk after that pencil hit me on the head during the quiz."

"I should have known. Terasaka never did know how to keep his mouth shut," I growl as I walk right past Karma, "Now if you'll excuse me I have to go meet my brother."

I return to venturing down the mountain, ignoring Karma's wishes for me to talk to him.

I make my way to the main campus, not waiting for Izuku. To be honest I had lied about meeting him. Ever since the day of the sludge villain incident, he'd been going off somewhere every morning and after school to train, so I hadn't been able to walk home with him. Most days that was fine, I'm proud that he's working so hard to get into U.A. but on days like today I wished I could talk to him.

My thoughts return to our newest classmate irritating me and reminding me of how much I dislike him. To keep them at bay I plug my earbuds into my phone and start listening to my preferred music as I walk.

I get home and a pleasing aroma wafts through the air.

"I'm home!" I yell taking off my shoes and putting on my pair of bunny slippers.

My mom pokes her head out from the kitchen, "Welcome home sweety."

"Hey, Mom, is Izuku home?"

"No, he's still out. Here come tell me how this tastes," she says giving me a spoonful of food.

"Mmmmm, that's super good," I tell her enjoying the flavor.

"Oh good. It's one of the recipes Izuku asked me to make for his training."

I look at the fridge seeing the list of meals Izuku brought home one day.

"He's really taking his training seriously."

"He sure is. I think it's great," my mom says with a smile as she returns to cooking.

I head to my room and take my headphones out of my phone, turning the volume up enough to lose myself in the music, but not enough to disturb my mom. A mix of rock bands, including Breaking Benjamin, Set It Off, My Chemical Romance, and Skillet fills my room as I begin my homework.