Chapter 2

But I can shake it, shake it,
Like I'm supposed to do!
Cause I gat that bumbum that all the boys chase,
In all the right junk, in all the right places.
I see you in the magazine,
Working that Photoshop,
We know that shit ain't real...

Chioma sang out loud from the bathroom, her hands high up in the air as she shaked her buttocks side to side. Meghan Trainor's "All about that Bass" was the right song she needed to raise her spirit up.

"Chioma!" Kachi shouted, from where she stood, just outside the bathroom door, knocking hard on the door.

"Yes?" Chioma answered and reached forward to reduce the volume of the music which was blasting from the speaker to hear Kachi better.

"A guy named Michael is here, he said it is about work, hurry up," Kachi said and Chioma heard her retreating steps as she walked away, followed by a door shutting.

Of course, Michael.

Chioma gave a small hiss and turned the speaker off, her high spirit had gone down and even Meghan Trainor couldn't help this time. She reached for her towel, wrapping it round her body, wearing her bathroom slippers and stepping out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So are you going to talk to me or we are just going to keep riding in silence?" Michael asked. After Chioma had shown up, she had first called him a mumu person and walked to his car, got in and sat there in silence.

"Your friend, Kachi? She is really pretty. Maybe you could hook us up," He said glancing at her then back at the road, that got Chioma's attention.

"If I see you close to my friend, I burst your balls, I am serious Michael. She will not be one of your playthings. And don't speak to me, we are not friends."

Michael gave her a side glance and smirk. "Wow, that really breaks my heart, I thought we were friends." She shot him a look but he continued. "Who said I wanted her as a plaything? And also you wouldn't burst my balls."

"Ha! What makes you think that?" Chioma inquired, turning to look at the handsome demon driving.

"Because, one day, when you finally accept the fact that you don't hate me, you will need my balls darling." He told her with a satisfied smile on his face.

"In your dreams, that would never ever happen, get that? Ever!" She huffed and looked out the window, she noticed the car slowing down in front of what she would call a mansion. The Edward's house, where the murder took place.

"Keep saying that darling." Michael parked his car at the roadside. "Let's do this shall we."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"This is Evelyn's room, where the murder took place." The maid said showing Chioma and Michael in. She turned around and walked away quickly, like she was afraid that if she stayed there longer, Evelyn's ghost will come and attack her.

"Michael, hey!" A man who was already inside with about two other people called him, they were the CSI units, their job was to process the evidence and send back results.

Michael walked in with Chioma by his side. "Hey, Martins. You remember Chioma."

"Yeah, how could I forget her, your assistant right?" Martins said eyeing Chioma up with a look that irked her.