One

One

Mackenzie Marcus handed a basket to her aunt, receiving a confused look in return

Mackenzie Marcus handed a basket to her aunt, receiving a confused look in return. "Could you give this to the new doctor? Dr..... Cullen? Just a little welcome to town gift, some books and art supplies, I heard his wife enjoyed making art along with some of his children." Her aunt, Meredith, smiled at Mackenzie as she took the basket. "Of course Marcus. I hope you have a good day at school." Mackenzie gave her aunt a hug before leaving for school.

****

"Dr.Cullen!" Carlisle turned around, seeing Meredith walking towards him. "Dr.Balten! What can I help you with?" Meredith smiled at Carlisle as she handed him the basket. "This is from my niece Marcus. She wanted to give a welcome to town gift so she got some books and art supplies, she heard your wife and some of your children enjoy making art." Carlisle smiled in return as he accepted the basket. "Tell her thank you for me, I'm sure Esme will love the art supplies."

****

Mackenzie Marcus walked into her fourth period class, surprised to see one of the new kids sitting in the seat next to hers. Going to her seat, Mackenzie immediately noticed the girl was staring at her. "I'm Alice!" Mackenzie offered Alice a small smile as she sat down. "Mackenzie Marcus, I'd prefer if you called me Marcus."

Alice stared at Mackenzie as she started working, wondering how fast she could get Mackenzie to meet Carlisle and Esme.

****

Mackenzie practically ran to her best friend and ex boyfriend Connor when she entered the cafeteria. Connor jumped a little when he heard Mackenzie sit down, making Mackenzie laugh. "Hey Mack. What's up?"

All the Cullens watched from their table, hoping Connor wasn't her boyfriend. Mackenzie sighed as she rested her arm on Connor's shoulder. "Well there are a bunch of new kids. Also are you ever gonna stop calling me Mack?" Connor shook his head, making Mackenzie sigh as she got up, now sitting on the table.

****

Mackenzie sat on the hood of her car, talking with Connor before she went home.

Alice walked over to Mackenzie and Connor, immediately receiving a confused look from Connor. "Hey Marcus! Is this your boyfriend?" Mackenzie and Connor looked at eachother, Mackenzie obviously annoyed. "Hasn't been in awhile, won't ever be again." Mackenzie jumped off her car, ignoring the disappointed look from Connor and the confused one from Alice. "Uh Alice, Tell your parents I hope they enjoy the books and art stuff." Mackenzie got into her car leaving a confused Connor and Alice behind.

****

After Carlisle arrived home he and Esme had looked through the basket. They found the basket to be holding multiple book including, Alice's adventures in wonderland, through the looking glass, pride and prejudice, Wuthering Heights, the Mark on the wall, aswell as a copy of the devils arithmetic.
(Dude i literally had to include the devils arithmetic it's my favorite book I own like three copies I think)

They had also found multiple art supplies including paint brushes, a prismacolor colored pencils 24 count pack and a ten count of Windsor and newton acrylic paints. It was clear all the supplies were new though the books had obviously been read a few sometimes, something they were glad for. They didn't fully understand why the girl would give them all the things she did, but they hoped she didn't spend too much money.

After they had gone through the whole basket, still shocked and surprised, Esme read the note at the bottom of the basket. "Welcome to Forks - Marcus Knight."

(Old draft)