5

"What do you mean the League wants me?" You glared at the table before you. "How long have you all known this?"

"They think your quirk would be of use to them," Aizawa explained. "They want to use you as a martyr for their cause."

"We've known since Kamino," All Might added.

Kamino?! You sighed, long and deep and scrubbed at your face. "I don't care that I'm only just now finding out about this," you decided with a shake of your head. "Even if it is December. I don't even care that the League wants me. What I want to know is if the League wanting me had anything to do with Asher and Yui's deaths."

"We don't know fo-"

"Just answer the question! Stop beating around the bush and tell it to me straight!" You looked around the room for the hundredth time since walking in. "I get it. I'm young. Inexperienced. But if I'm here, I must be doing something right? So tell me: are they dead because the League wants me?"

"Yes." Both Endeavor and Hawks answered, the former surprising you. Endeavor glared at the younger hero who continued without worry. "It's safe to say that they did this to push you in the direction they want."

"Fine, send me in," you shrugged. "Let them think they have me just like they hoped."

"Absolutely not," Hound Dog growled.

"Not happening," Aizawa shook his head.

"I'll tell you now it's happening with or without consent. I will not sit around and watch as more and more of the people I care about are hurt or killed."

"We can't risk putting you in that kind of danger, Y/N," All Might sighed. "This isn't up for debate."

"Like hell it isn't!" Your fist slammed down onto the table as you shot to your feet. Hound Dog barked angrily as your chair clattered to the floor behind you. "I'll be damned if I'm going to sit around and wait and hope that something good comes out of this! Put me in the field! Let me convince them that they've broken me."

"It wouldn't take much convincing though," Endeavor stepped around the table, moving to your side slowly. "Look at you. Even though it's only been, what, two weeks-"

"A month!" You ground through clenched teeth. "They've been buried for a month!"

"You've lost weight and you're definitely angry."

"Of course I'm angry!" You snapped. "Ash was nine. A child! Both of them were defenseless." In an attempt to calm yourself you ran your fingers through your hair. "I'm fine. My emotions aside, what do you all have planned thus far?"

"That's not something you need to be worrying yourself with," Rock Lock answered sternly.

Hawks

An aggravated growl filled the room followed closely by the slamming of the door. A pregnant silence consumed the room before Hawks sighed and pushed off of the wall he was leaning against. "I, for one, think it's a solid idea. It's not like she wouldn't have a team of heroes supporting her if we agreed to it."

"It's no surprise you'd agree with her," Endeavor turned his glare on Hawks. "You're young and reckless too."

"It's because she's persistent and reckless herself that we should put her in the field."

"She's not thinking straight," Erasure argued. "She's upset by the loss of Asher and Yui. Y/N clearly blames herself for their deaths so it's not surprising that she's willing to risk her own life to satisfy the guilt."

"She needs to find an outlet for her feelings that doesn't involve putting herself in danger," Fat Gum insisted.

"After Y/N's run in with Stain, she had nightmares; wasn't sleeping well at all, so she ran. Her grades suffered. This is different. I don't know about sleep but she just wasn't eating for a while-"