the seventh letter

My Chosen One,

It hurts to look at you. It's like staring into the sun. And every time I glance your way, all I can think is that this will end in flames. Villains like me don't get happy endings. Chosen Ones and their golden girls are the ones that will ride off into the sunset. They're the ones who'll fucking survive, which is not something I plan on doing.

I guess that's why I'm writing these.

It's something of mind for you to have. For you to -- in the very least -- understand why I am the way I am. Something of mine for you to burn.

Please do. Please burn these monstrosities out of spite, merely because they were written by a vile creature such as myself. Rid the world of the final trace of my existence. I won't leave a legacy.

At the very best, I'll be the example of what not to be. Don't be the depressed gay disaster, they'll say. Don't be the villain. Maybe they'll say this should go without saying, but don't push the person you love more than anything in the world down the stairs. Let me be rock bottom. Maybe someone, somewhere, will learn from my mistakes.

I'm going to do it soon. I just thought I should let you know. It's been hard -- so hard -- to hang on. Seeing your freckled face is the only reason I get out of bed anymore.

Forever yours,
Baz.