Prologue

Due to the stigma and fairytales, people are wary to trust the fey kind. It doesn't matter if you are only part fairy there will be no trust given your way until people need something. That's how our history goes, we are disregarded until our spite is needed. There's nothing quite like a fairy seeking revenge. When my uncle was approached by the high warlock David about an important task for his coven, he specifically requested a half-fey. From there my Uncle decided that it was time I spent some time infield to grow my powers. In all honesty, I think he just wanted to give some space from my ex.

  Anyway, David entrusted me with his family spellbook while he assists with the issues among the werewolf community. A new threat is rising and they are the firsts to be held at its whim. Though through this dark time there is a silver lining, I get to live with my human mother which I have never spent more than a few weeks with. She gave me to my father knowing that he could provide and teach me much better than she ever could.

I get pulled out of my thoughts when my mother wraps me into another hug, giving my arm a light squeeze and releasing me. "I have missed you so much, Jezza." I give her a soft smile while sinking down on my bed.

"I've missed you too ma," I mutter while tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear. I slowly lay my head on the fluffy new pillows she bought me. "I'm so tired. So very tired."

She gently starts running her fingers through my ragged hair, a feeling I have dearly missed. You can never replace the feeling of a mother's soothing touch, which is one I have been craving. "It will get worse, I'll be honest, but you also have some good times coming. One day you'll get past this, have an adventure, and fall madly in love."

"How did you ever get involved with all of this?"

"I had a child with a fairy."

"David said that things are getting so difficult with that Alpha missing. His daughter is under a lot of pressure and that's why he had to move the book," I ramble feeling my muscles tense up. Ever since I have been given the book, I have constantly been stressed out. She tries to comfort me for a little longer, telling me how shes missed me and how excited she is to have me here with her. Soon enough she leaves me alone with my thoughts, saying that she has work in the morning. Trying to banish the thoughts of who all is counting on me which is basically a coven, a pack, and my own people I close my eyes. Eventually, I glance at the clock to see that it is three in the morning.

A sleeping spell wouldn't hurt anything, it would actually help expand my abilities and get a good night's rest. That's something I desperately need. I have been working on learning other languages so this should be easy. Worst-case scenario I curse myself like sleeping beauty.

Word count was 332, Is 533

Aaaaaand let the changes begin! What is something you returning readers would absolutely love to stay the same?