Nightmares (Alastor x Fem! Reader)

(Extended)

(First person POV)

Y/N shivered in her sleep. tossing and turning as the terrors filled her mind

"Don't run from me my dear~"  

Before she could pin point who the man was, she woke up, a whimper erupted from her mouth as she sat up and looked at her alarm clock, the clock read '3:53am' she huffed and stood up wrapping a robe around her body and slipping on her house shoes, she softly padded downstairs to the lobby to see if angel was awake. Angel usually was the one
Y/N would talk to about this kind of stuff, but he was nowhere to be seen. just as she spun on her heel to return to her room a voice called her name.

"Oh Y/N dear" Alastor called.

"I'm sorry Al I didn't mean to bug you I was actually looking for angel" she responded

"No no no it's no trouble my darling" he said gesturing for her to sit beside him on the lobby couch, he set down his book as she sat "my goodness deary you're as white as a ghost" he said worriedly

"I'm fine Alastor, really" she smiled and slouched back into the couch

"Darling I'm not oblivious I can tell when something's the matter with my favourite guest" he said, his usual cheery smile, turning into a cheeky grin

"Just a nightmare" she said letting out a deep breathe "they happen every night" she focused on her finger nails, picking at the loose skin around them. Alastor noticed her bad habit and put his hand on top of hers, she looked at him and quickly tucked her hands under her leg.

"Well if it makes you feel better" his smile faltered slightly "I have voices who talk to me all day and control my dreams" his smiled turned more sinister.

(Y/N) looked at him with soft (eye colour) eyes "that must be awful...." she thought for a moment "why did you never tell me that?" She asked. Alastor shrugged.

"I didn't want to concern you with it" his normal smile returned to his face "you seem to have enough going on" he patted her leg and looked at her "would you tell me about your nightmares? Maybe I can help" he said.

"Well... i have the same dream every night about...about how I died but the ending always changes..." she thought for a moment "I guess we have to start with how I died then" she shifted uncomfortably and looked at him "it was 1928 I believe" she tapped her chin in thought "yes it was '28"  she said " I was walking through the forest to my fathers hunting cabin to clean out his things after he had passed away... I started hearing foot steps but at first I figured it was just a deer, quickly the footsteps got much closer and louder, then I felt someone grab by arm from behind, I looked behind me and saw a man..."

"What did this man look like?" Alastor said, he seemed... nervous?

"Uh well he was like six foot maybe? Dark hair, glasses and stupid fucking red bow tie oh I think he wore suspenders as well..." she thought "no it was definitely a sport coat...I- I don't remember the only times I saw him was when I was dying" she shook her head to regain her train of thought "anyways I got out of his grip and began to run towards the cabin he kept calling out pet names at me and he mocked me by simply walking as I ran" (Y/N) seethed at the memory "long story short he caught me, cut out my liver while I was still alive then stabbed me a bunch of times and left" she swiped at the tears pricking at her eyes and looked to Alastor. Alastor had his hand over his mouth as if he were thinking.

"Oh dear..." he mumbled

"Al? What's...?" Then it all clicked "Alastor" she stood up "tell me it  wasn't you" she said her face turning ghostly white "tell me you didn't kill me" her lip quivered slightly "please say something" Alastor looked at her, how smile almost fully gone.