Chapter 21- Battle for the truth (1/2)

•°—If you win, you get to live. But If you lose, you die and so is your lie—°•

“I can be the one to crash your car.” The h/c suggested to her boyfriend who’s planning the way to get the pending member of their organization— Kyouka, out of the grasp of the military government. The brunette vigorously shook his head opposing the idea of the girl.

“No. it’s better if you wouldn’t be involved here.”

“But I'm already involved.” she argued when the man gave a disapproving look. “Look Samu, I have done some work here at the agency despite the fact that I’m not officially part of it. I can surely help you especially now that you all are in need.”

“Don’t be a brat y/n, you don’t need to take part in this mess.” The girl stood from her seat and walked over to her man to convince him more.

“Hun, you’re being reasonable. I can totally protect myself.” she stated as she held his hands to assure him.

“I already swore to my life that you will never be at harm again. Please, I don't want you to get in danger” he then held her face, distressed written on his face.

“I won’t be in danger, Samu. Yosano-sensei could treat my injuries if ever I got hurt." The brunette couldn’t argue any further. He gave no response while he stared back and contemplated at the same time.

After a moment of silence, he finally agreed to her proposal. Y/n gave him a big smile and tightly hugged him.

“Thank you hunnn, I won’t let you down!” she exclaimed. Finding her reaction adorable, he gave the girl a small pat before breaking the hug.

“Here’s the key then,” the hazel haired man threw the keys to the h/c girl who perfectly catched it.

Everything went exactly as planned, the colliding of the two vehicles in the middle of the street started a commotion. The traffic jammed whilst the authorities tried to handle the incident. Dazai didn’t take too much injury but the passenger beside him got more damage than him.

He wanted to get out and check the truck that hit them and see if the driver— y/n, is in a good condition but unfortunately he has to stick with the plan and continue the act.

On the other hand, the driver of the truck that intentionally collided with the car, was also severely injured just like the brunette’s companion— Ango.

The airbag that was supposed to protect her from the hard impact did not inflate. Her head smacked on the steering wheel so strong that it took the girl’s consciousness and created a wound on her head. Her limp body slouched on the steering wheel, eyes closed, and head bleeding.

The two injured were immediately brought to the hospital. Ango underwent the normal surgery while Y/n was brought back to the agency’s infirmary after getting checked by the doctors.

Yosano did not waste any moment and quickly healed the girl and his boyfriend with her ability. Dazai was the first one to regain consciousness fully treated from his injuries while y/n remained sleeping. Like him, her wounds and cuts from the accident were completely gone, although she’s taking too much of her time resting it didn’t alarmed him so much. What made him think is that the airbag on her truck did not inflate. He made sure earlier that her safety would be guaranteed once they initiated their plan, he didn't see any malfunction or something unusual since the vehicle was almost just brand new yet the girl's condition was still put in jeopardy.

If someone tries to sabotage their plan, the suspects will be between the enemy or the man who handled the truck before them. Y/n can't be involved since she wouldn't ruin her own safety as she was even the one who promised to not mess up anything.