F I V E

Saturday 21st August 2074

Anger boiling my blood, my ears burn as I stalk towards Yoongi.

"Taehyung what happened? Are you okay?" Jin tries to stand in front of me but I step aside.

I pull my hand back and grunted as my closed fist smashes into the side of Yoongi's face. Hard.

He stumbles backwards, groaning in pain, clutching at his head.

"Taehyung!"

"What are you doing?!"

I don't give Yoongi any time to breathe before my fist finds its place back against his jaw, the force strong enough to knock the wind out of him and make him fall to the floor. I shake my hand, my knuckles aching from the contact. I wipe away a few dribbles of blood.

"What the f**k?" Jimin pushes my shoulder back roughly.

"I almost died because of him!" I roar. "I helped him even when he told me to never come back and as soon as I needed help he left without so much as a second thought!"

My body is so hot, the heat making my anger even more intense.

"Yoongi what the f**k?"

By now, Yoongi was back on his feet and I'm taken aback when he strikes his knuckles into my nose.

"Yoongi!" Jungkook screams.

I stagger from the punch and rub my cheek.

"I don't need your help. I'll find my sister on my own," I snatch my duffle bag.

"Taehyung wait," Jin calls after me.

"Nah you know what? You deserve this," within seconds, I made contact with his face again.

Boseon yanks me back, Hoseok holding onto Yoongi to stop him from retaliating.

"Taehyung enough!" Jin yells.

"No it's not! I almost died! Did I really have to repeat myself? If it wasn't for Hoseok, I would be dead right now!"

I shove Boseon away, "get off!"

"F**k you," I spit at Yoongi's feet, who hasn't said a word since we climbed over the wall.

I begin to walk away before Jin holds onto my wrist.

"What?" I say aggressively before I realise who it is.

"Come on man, I know what Yoongi did was wrong but you can't go by yourself. It's not safe out here," Jin looks at me with desperation in his eyes.

"No. He's not staying with us," Yoongi sneers.

"Taehyung please," Jin ignores Yoongi. "You don't have a car, and you have no service, how are you going to find her?" Jin pleads with me.

"I'll find a way," I pull my wrist out of Jin's fingers.

"Taehyung he's right, you're never going to find her like this," Jungkook reasons.

"I understand you're angry but we're still really far from Croydon. You'll die before you get there," Boseon adds.

"I'll take my chances. I'll be safer on my own than with him," I glance at Yoongi whose eyes are closed, swaying his duffle bag from side to side a little.

Jin suddenly holds me tight against his body. He's not saying anything.

Even though no one is talking, the walkers' growls and groaning is still loud, dispersing as they look elsewhere for food.

I can feel myself sweating from the closeness but I hug Jin back even tighter.

"I'll miss you," my voice barely coming out louder than a whisper.

"I love you. Be careful, please don't do anything wreckless."

I feel something wet hit my shoulders. He's crying.

My eyes soften.

I'm too angry and hot to cry otherwise I'm sure I would've been tearing up as well.

"I love you too."

I need to go, otherwise it's going to get dark before I even start walking. I move away from Jin, pulling up the straps of my backpack and grabbing my duffel bag from the floor. Mine was the only blue one.

"Stay safe," Jungkook places his hand on my shoulder and squeezes gently.

I nod once. "You too."

"Here," Hoseok throws a box of ammo to me.

"Thanks."

At that, Yoongi looks up, "what are you doing? We need that!"

"He needs it more," Hoseok snaps at Yoongi.

***

I've been walking for about 20 minutes by now.  I'm sweating so much, I can feel it dripping down my back.

I go onto google maps on my phone and look at the cities. I zoom in to see the towns.

Reigate.

Headley.

Westerham.

Croydon.

I zoom in a little more and suddenly the names disappear. I forgot I have no internet.

I'm heading southwest, the others are going to Hastings so that's southeast. I switch off my phone and shove it back in my bag. At least I know I'm going in the right direction.

***

It's almost 8pm, I've been walking for hours. My feet will kill me before a walker does.

I should find some place to sleep. It's still quite light outside because it's the middle of August. The air is warm, the gentle breeze blowing against my damp skin.

I'm walking alongside houses. Maybe I could try knock on one of these, because not everyone is going to have just up and left, right?

Opening the duffle bag, I pull out a small bottle of water and take a few swigs before putting it back in the bag. I don't know how long I can survive out here. I never thought a zombie apocalypse would happen.

Nayeon did. Does. She does. And she's probably not even in shock anymore because she knew it was going to happen.

"You need to be prepared, ya know? That's why I have an emergency bag. Good for practically any kind of situations but I put it together for a zombie apocalypse."

I hear Nayeon's voice in my head as I think about her. Spinning around, my eyes dart around. It felt like I really heard her.

Whether I heard her or not, I need to find a place to sleep.

I walk towards a house, I raise my hand to knock, to check if it's empty.

"No!" a voice yells as I flinch.

"Get away from the door! You can't come in."

"Okay, okay, I'm leaving," I step back and decide to keep looking for an empty house, far from this one.

An open door. I look left, right and around to make sure there's no one around seeing me go in. I creep to the door, sliding out my gun from my jeans. Holding the gun in front of me, I check out the rooms. It's completely deserted. The wardrobes have been ransacked, the beds are unmade, the doors left ajar.

Night comes and I make sure all the doors and windows are securely closed. I couldn't lock the front door because there's no keys but there's a chain at least. I settle in a bed upstairs and place my gun under the pillow.