Chapter 2

The plane ride was silent and I didn't eat much since mum always told me that plane food was absolute shit and they needed to do something about it. I stared up at the screen above that was currently playing the movie 21 jump street. I watched it and tried hard not to laugh at some of the scenes since there was an old lady next to me who was trying to sleep.

I looked out the window a few times to look over the cities that passed. My mum and I lived in Australia whilst dad had moved to America to make his big dream of running a company that sold new inventions of all kinds. That was quickly shot down as soon as he got there because he had blown all of his money celebrating on how he thought he was going to be successful and went broke.

He tried to come back and live with us but mum wouldn't have it, she told him that it was his fault that he blew his money on alcohol and god knows what else.

He's a police officer now, and told my aunty that he would take good care of me and that he was excited about seeing me again. I'm not sure if he meant it or if he just said it but I don't care. It's not like ill be talking to him a lot anyways, I plan on just ignoring him most of the time and spending all my time in my room.

When I was little, I used to do a lot of music and would always try to sing Beyoncé songs and dance to them at the same time so I hope that I get to do something that involves music somewhere along the line.

The air flight hostess told us all that we needed to buckle our seat belts and prepare for landing. So I turned my phone off and waited.

As the plane came to a complete stop and the hostess told us we could move around and get off the plane I grabbed my stuff quickly as hurried off the plane so I could meet dad and get "home" to a bed I could sleep on.

At the entrance gate I saw a tall man with a moustache and brown eyes, wearing a jacket with a plain black t-shirt and jeans. He wore old tattered boots and had a giant smile on his face. I couldn't say I was as happy to see him as he was to see me but he is my dad.

"Riley, you look so different" he gasped trying to get me to hug him but I pushed last him and started walking.

"You weren't around a lot so I guess I do look a lot different in your eyes" I spat, thinking of the nights mum cried when he left us saying that it was all her fault that he left because she wasn't good enough. Asshole

A frown etched it's way into his features " Riley I-"

"Save it, let's just get home" I cut him off turning around and walking towards where my bags were.

I heard a sigh from behind me and dad started walking as well. He opened his mouth to speak to me and I shoved my earphones into my ears and blasted random songs and kept walking.

Once we found dad's car we drove to his house and on the way, the city started to fade into open land. I wondered where we were going and how far out did dad live. Once I started seeing a few more houses and streets i knew it was only a small town.

We pulled up to a large red two story house that had two windows and and a little swing hanging off of a tree. Typical movie type house.

Dad stopped the car and sighed before looking over at me "you ready to go inside your new home?" He asked

The sooner I get in, the sooner I get my own room, and the sooner I get to sleep I thought so I put on a fake smile and nodded and got out of the car grabbing my bags and walking into the house.

It was very spacious, it had a staircase that obviously led upstairs but before that it had a living room on the right and the dining room on the left that led to the large kitchen. The living room was quite big as well with a large flat screen tv and what looked like a really good sound system and a DVD player. The dining room was large also with a big table in the middle and a big marble stone bench top and on the other side if that was the kitchen.

I walked upstairs seeing three doors, dad walked up the stairs and stopped where I stood.

"Your room is there" he said pointing to the door furthest away from the staircase. I walked to the end of the hallway to my door and directly in front of it was another door that led to a bathroom. Huh at least I won't have to go far.

I opened my door and inside was a very big bedroom that had a queen sided bed in the middle with a flat screen tv. How the fuck did dad afford all this stuff. There were two bedside tables and a desk at the far side of the room I front of a window that had a great view. There were also glass doors that led out to a balcony. Holy shit. I didn't know that being a police officer could pay so well.

I propped my bags on my bed and walked out onto the balcony overlooking the scenery, it was autumn so everything had a gold or brown tinge to it and there were mountains in the background, wow.

I tugged at my jacket once a cold wisp of air hit men and went back inside before collapsing on my bed sighing. I then heard a click and my door opened. Dad stood there with two mugs of hot chocolate and a small smile on his face.

"Do you want some?" I nodded and his smile grew walking to me and handing me a cup which I immediately started to sip at. Feeling the warm liquid run down my throat. I hummed in appreciation and smiled at dad making him smile in return.

"So do you like the place?" He asked

"Fuck yes" he laughed

"Your Aunty Lynda has obviously given you a very colorful vocabulary" He chuckled and I nodded

He smiled and walked out of the room closeting the door. I out my cup on the bedside table before laying down in my bed. Closing my eyes and slowly drifting to sleep

(A/N) so how did you like this chapter?

And how do you think Riley's dad could afford all the stuff? Hmmmm just gonna have to wait and find out ;)
Anyways I don't think I'll wait for you all to comment and vote. I'm really excited about writing this story so I'll just update. However I would love it if you guys were active as well. Comments and votes and maybe even a few follows would make my day x
Mkay byeeeeee