Chapter 4

I stare out the window a little more before opening the car door and getting out. Dad doing the same.

As I walked on the small foot path towards the front doors, a few kids turned their heads in my direction before whispering into their friends ears. Soon enough a bunch of people were staring at me curiously. I guess to see what I was doing here.

Dad walked beside me, and I think that was probably the most interesting sight. A teenage girl walking next to the sheriff of the town into the school. Hell they probably thought I was in trouble

I returned some of the stares of others but looked away quickly. As we reached the front doors of the school. Dad stopped to open the door for me and I went inside.

The hallway was quite long and I stared at the endless rows of lockers that filled the walls. There were a few teens in here too, not as many as outside but there were a few. Their heads snapped to me and stared also, making me feel uncomfortable.

I continued my walk down the hall, with dad by my side, untill we got to the end of it where a door was on the left and dad opened that for me as well and I walked in. Taking in the surroundings. There were three tall bookshelf's aside one another that had countless folders on them, and two couches and two arm chairs placed in a corner. And a front desk that two women sat at, one talking on the phone and the other smiling as we walked toward her. I took a seat on one of the blue armchairs and waited till dad called me over.

I stood up and slowly walked over to the desk, the young lady smiling at me

"Hi, what's your name?" She asked in a warm tone

"Riley"

"Last name?" She spoke, typing into her computer

"Corbett" she smiled and stopped typing and got up going over to what looked like a printer and grabbed a piece of paper from it before proceeding back towards us and handing me the paper. I looked at it and it had a picture of me on it, my full name and date of birth on it as well.

"Now just head through that door there. Principal jones will see you now" she said. Pointing to a door a few meters away from where me and dad were standing. Smiling, dad thanked her and we walked towards it and opened the door to reveal a large office type room. With a few shelves scattered in corners of the room all of them had heaps of coloured folders and a few books on them. In the middle was a large mahogany wood desk with a little label that said "PRINCIPAL JONES" on it and there was a lady with dark chocolate skin and a light green shirt with a cream skirt that was sat on a chair behinds the desk smiling as we entered the room.

"Hi I'm principal jones, please take a seat" she smiled before gesturing for us to sit at the two leather chairs that sat in front of her desk. We sat down and smiled through the silence as the principal looked at us with a warm smile, making me give a small smile in return.

"What's your name?" She asked

"Riley Corbett"

"Lovely name, and you would like to join us is that correct?" I nodded and she smiled once again.

"Well we just need to know a few things about you and then we can get going since you seem like a nice girl." I smiled and nodded

"What classes did you do really well and ones... Not so much?" She asked

"Well I got straight As in Music, Drama, History and English. But the subjects I wasn't so good at were Maths and P.E" I spoke causing principal jones to write it all down and looked up to see if I was finished talking

Once she saw I had finished she smiled "well that's all I think we need" she said whilst looking down at her papers and flicking through a few more