Chapter 3

I woke up to a few birds chirping outside my window, now that's something you don't see in the city.

I got up and had a shower, shaving the slight stubble that had appeared because I hadn't shaved in like two days. Then I washed my hair and out it up into a towel and wrapped myself in another and walked out towards my suit case.

I opened it to find all my clothes gone. What the fuck? I saw a small not at the bottom and picked it up.

Riley,
I've put all your clothes in your wardrobe
Dad.

I looked around the room for a wardrobe and found it on the side wall and walked over to it. I opened it and sure enough, all my clothes were in there.

I picked out some ripped jeans and a white t-shirt that had the numbers "90" on it and grabbed my black hoodie and slid it on. Grabbing my grey Vans and walking out the door and headed down stairs.

I walked into the kitchen following the glorious smell of bacon and sat down on a stool by the bench. Watching dad turn around and greet me with a warm smile.

"Morning Riley, did you sleep well?" I nodded giving him a small smile still looking at the bacon sizzling in the pan. It had been a few days since I had last had a proper meal and I was starved.

Dad let out a chuckle and put all the bacon onto one plate and cracked a few eggs into the pan letting them cook.

Dad looked at me and followed my eyes till they landed on the bacon. He grabbed a fork and picked up the bacon before giving me it. I snatched it out of his hand with a small thank you and shoved it in my mouth. Moaning at the lovely taste of bacon invading my senses. And chewing it before swallowing.

Dad flipped the eggs and then put them on the plate also, grabbing the salt and sprinkling it on the food before giving me a knife and sliding the plate over to me.

I grabbed the knife and fork that was already in my hand and dug in as soon as the plate was close enough to me. Shoving the food in my mouth, loving the taste.

"Do you like it?" I heard dad ask and I nodded still chewing on my food.

Once I had finished my breakfast I went to the sink and started to clean it.

"Just letting you know, we have to leave soon. I have to get you enrolled into your new school" dad spoke and I stopped cleaning my plate and put it in the drier.

"What school?" I asked turning around and leaning on the bench.

"One just down the road, you will love it but we have to get going because I have to go to work really soon" dad spoke, looking down at his watch and back to me.

"Alright I'll just grab my phone and we can go" he nodded and walked out of the kitchen whilst I ran upstairs and grabbed my phone and walked out of my room shutting the door behind me and walked downstairs

I got to the car and hopped in, putting my seat belt on waiting for dad to get in as well since he was locking the door. I grabbed my phone out and turned it on to see heaps of messages from my friends and one from Aunty Lynda. I clicked on that one first

Riley
Hope you have a lovely time with you dad and stay safe. Remember Some people over there aren't always what they seem. Love you xxxx

I frowned wondering what that meant but left it since dad got into the car and started it, driving out of the driveway and down a road filled with trees and houses as well. We stopped in front of a large building that said "south side high school" (A/N-idk I made it up) on a big sign and There were a lot of kids walking around laughing and there was quite a lot of graffiti on the school walls.

"This is your new school ri, what do you think?" Dads voice broke the silence in the car

"Trouble.."

A/N
if you like my story please do tell others. I'd love to get it at least known a little haha x