2. Plans and Carols

« PART TWO »
___________

Plans and Carols

_______________

-

I had never been stuck outside of an airport with suitcases, a hot blonde, and a psychopath before, so obviously, I had no idea what to do.

I thought about calling my mum, and though I really should, I decided to hold it off for as long as possible due to the fact that her stress was probably already practically through the roof, with the rather large amount of people coming in and the gifts and the preparation and all. It was most likely too much for her too handle, but on the other hand, Christmas could have her in a right jolly ol' mood, as if the weight of the world was lifted from her shoulders.

The stress and the happiness seemed to alternate years.

"So, we have no idea where we're going?" I questioned, tilting my head as I sped up to walk side-by-side with Aunt Edith.

"That depends on how much money you and Blondie have, Hippie," she answered, shrugging her shoulders.

I furrowed my eyebrows, nearly pouting, but shook it off and turned to Niall, who was already pulling his wallet from his pocket. I decided to do the same and shuffled through it, taking any cash I could find. I flipped through the bills, sighing.

"I've got twenty on me," I spoke, looking to Niall with an eyebrow raised. "Hopefully you have more? I'll pay you back, you know."

"Um, Harry," Niall said cautiously, almost wincing as he placed a hand on my shoulder. "Don't panic, okay? I want you to stay calm and breathe. Do not freak out or stress or worry, because I know that you will."

I released a deep huff, nodding solemnly as Niall raised his bills to my face, gnawing onto his lower lip nervously. I knew that his anxiety had gone just as high as mine was, but Niall, being a bit calmer in sticky situations, handled this more properly than I did.

"I only have eight dollars, mate," he informed me warily, sinking down and sitting on the sidewalk, pulling his suitcase beside him.

I slowly lowered myself beside him and completely ignored the fact that our thighs were touching. Or maybe I didn't. But I certainly did try not to dwell on it. Niall attempted to hand over what small amount of money he had, but I shook my head, thinking better of it.

"Keep it, just in case we somehow get separated," I told him, offering him a shaky smile before allowing my head to collapse into my hands. "Aunt Edith, are you sure that you don't have any cash on you?"

She was still standing, her purse wedged between her elbow and her waist, and she was fiddling with a peppermint wrapper. It crinkled between her fingers while she smoothed it out and then crumpled it back up again. She watched it as though she didn't have a care in the world.

"Not unless you count two euros. I don't think that counts for anything."

"We are doomed," Niall clucked his tongue.

Aunt Edith rolled her eyes in what I hoped was faux annoyance, tossing the peppermint paper in my direction, successfully hitting me below my right eye. I blinked in surprise as she gestured for us to get up, clapping her hands.

"C'mon, you two," she urged. "I can pull out my umbrella and encourage you to get up some more if you don't get a move on."

I reluctantly stood from the sidewalk, leaning against my suitcase as Niall copied my actions. Aunt Edith placed her hands on her hips, ready to give orders.