Chapter 1

Blood roared in her ears as her brother drew closer. Time seemed to slow down and Brokenstar was able to duck and roll out of reach when Wolfstar came diving down from his mighty leap. She could hear his long claws scrapping against the concrete floor as he landed, but Brokenstar was on her paws before the black and white tom could even comprehend his next move.
She lunged onto Wolfstar's back, digging her claws into his shoulders and biting down on his neck. Wolfstar bucked and reared, attemping desperately to get Brokenstar off of him, but she wouldn't let go.
The scrawny tom rolled onto his back, crushing Brokenstar against the cold floor so she'd release her tight grip. The furocious screeching and yowling had faded into background noise as Brokenstar kicked her brother off of her and leapt to her paws in a heart beat. Yet she still wasn't fast enough because weight slammed into her flank and barreled her into the barrels of hay. Brokenstar hissed as claws raked across her muzzle, and she retaliated by lashing out with both forepaws, feeling her claws tear through Wolfstar's chest. She was able to crawl out of the hay while the small tom regained his balance.
"You did this, brother! We could've created a clan together! We could've gone far! You get nowhere with blood-lust and violence!" Brokenstar snapped angrily at the black and white tom, her red and blue eyes glittering with resentment. Wolfstar laughed freakishly again, as if everything were a big joke.
"We could've gotten far! If you hadn't tried to run off with Frigidpaw! I always knew you favored others before me! You deserve to lose every single life you have! All nine of them!" He spat venomously, flexing his claws eagerly.
"What are you talking about!?" The black she-cat cried out, baffled with confusion. But Wolfstar obviously didn't want to sit around chattering like canaries. He rushed toward his sister briskly, slashing his claws over her shoulder like lightning.
Brokenstar howled out in pain, but she gritted her teeth mid-cry and whipped around to face Wolfstar. She reached out and bit down on his tail hard, feeling satisfied at his anguished bellow. Brokenstar yanked him back toward her by his tail, using her forepaws to knock out his hindpaws. She jumped on top of his lithe figure and pinned him down firmly, baring her teeth viciously.
"Give up, Wolfstar! I'm tired of you!"
Wolfstar glared up his older sister with his glacier-blue irises, his whiskers pressed against his cheeks.
"I'll never give up!" He snarled through his fangs, defending his pride arrogantly. Brokenstar sighed, then repeatedly started to rip her claws down Wolfstar's stomach over and over, blood seeping from the deep gashes and dripping down his sides to paint the gray floor. She flattened her ears in attempt to block out her brother's blood-curdling screeches. The wailing of the other sparring felines nearly drowned him out.
Wolfstar threw Brokenstar off with his remainder of strength and sprinted toward the whole in the barn wall, yowling, "StormClan! Retreat!"
The rebel cats all streamed out of the barn after their leader, the shame rolling off of their pelts in waves.
Brokenstar watched them leave, spotting Shadeflower and Rockfall nipping at the heels of the stragglers until they were all gone, even the elders and the single kit that had been carried out.
We have won... Brokenstar breathed a sigh of relief. For now... The voice in her head added intimidatingly. She could feel her clanmates circling around her, sniffing and cleaning each others wounds as best as possible until they could go back to Ravenflight and Foxpaw.
Brokenstar lifted her muzzle into the air and cried out, "DeathClan! We prevail!"
Cheered erupted around her, echoing off of the empty barn walls. "DeathClan! DeathClan! DeathClan!"